• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Did bz1 have something bz2 did not?

Started by cheesepuffly, November 25, 2008, 01:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

Onslaught... Im pretty sure he is refering to the rushing that happens in BZ2 strats.

General BlackDragon

what dx does not realize is that we are not referring to the shabby 1.0/1.2 release that he played so many years ago. we're talking about the newer engine.  :mrgreen:

*****General BlackDragon*****

cheesepuffly

The thread starter was is just talking about the core elements, mods are not included.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

AHadley

Yes... but such moddability is something BZ2 has that BZ had... not so much.

TheJamsh

SO prefer BZ2, for graphics, storyline, models, gameplay. the lot.

but i also prefer the newer three star wars films over the old three, so hey

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

BZ2 is better on graphics by a hell of a long way. But as I keep on having to explain to an idiot friend of mine, graphics aren't what make are good game. What's a cool-looking game without a decent storyline (though I admit BZ1's was better than BZ2's), or modding capability, or ease of control, or (as is getting quite popular these days) realism?

Squat.

Well, it looks cool, but not much else.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: AHadley on November 26, 2008, 11:30:47 AM
Yes... but such moddability is something BZ2 has that BZ had... not so much.

Well, the fact that its easier to mod if a core part of bz2 so that does count says the thread starter.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

AHadley

cheesepuffly

Quote from: AHadley on November 26, 2008, 01:03:07 PM
Exactly.

Just to let you know, the thread starter is not really agreeing with you he is just saying that Easier Modding is a core part of BZ2 so it can be included in this.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

lucky_foot

Yep, heard this all before. :D

That's why I like to consider them two seperate games in the same universe instead of BZ2 as a sequel. To many changes to be a sequel...except maybe spiritually with same ideas across.
Jonathan S.

bigbadbogie

Or perhaps... a continuation of the storyline? That seems to give them some sort of link that I can't quite fathom... hmmm.  :wink:
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: Dx on November 26, 2008, 10:25:13 AM
Not only that but the infinite lives aswell.

BlackDragon the topic is Bz vs Bz2 not Bz2 mods, if the thread starter wants to talk mods of the two games you don't know the facts on BzE nor do i know all the facts on 4a patch so you can't talk points you don't know about.

To point out, 1.3pb4a IS NOT A MOD, it is A PATCH. It was made via source code modifications BY THE LICENSED OWNER. Thus, 1.3pb4a is perfectly discussable in this context as the working version of BZ2.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Quote from: cheesepuffly on November 26, 2008, 12:51:40 PM
Well, the fact that its easier to mod if a core part of bz2 so that does count says the thread starter.

How is that not you agreeing with me? I pointed out something BZ2 has that BZ1 hasn't, thats what you wanted, isnt it?

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley