• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Music not working

Started by bigbadbogie, December 14, 2008, 11:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

A 'data' disk is an audio disk, but the track contains a filesystem instead of PCM (uncompressed audio) data.
You can still have more tracks that have normal PCM data while the first (or even others) contain a filesystem.
They have been like that since the 80's.  You might need to update your knowledge a touch. :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Nielk1 on December 18, 2008, 05:57:37 PM
NOT THEY ARE NOT!

Just do a mixed CD, it is REALLY SIMPLE!

Don't do enhanced, that put data as last track, we want it as first.

And if you have an image, you don't EVER choose what type of disk you are making, you just say 'Burn Image'.

If it is so simple, then why dont you explain how?

I just use Nero to burn disks. Either 'data' or 'audio' cds.

What options do I need to set?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Not sure exactly of the steps in Nero, but DEFINITELY data, if you are making a new disk.

You have an IMAGE which includes ALL the tracks, so just burn the darn thing from your standard burn image to disk option.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

I can't have an image with audio and data at the same time. I have tried it with bin/cue, nrg and iso formats. There is no way whatsoever to merge an audio image with a data image.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

Its pretty darn hard to edit compiled ISOs. When you make them they get all the tracks. ALL OF THEM. When you make an image of a game with addition tracks, audio or otherwise, they become part of the ISO.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

I just tested, iso's, bin's, mdf's all support multi-track audio and data disks just fine.  So again, you really need to fix your knowledge in this subject area. :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

bigbadbogie

Fine. I admit it. I don't know what to do.

Would someone please explain how to make multi-track audio/data disks?

My BZ2 mods:

OvermindDL1

I start up Nero (version 6, yes I know it is ancient, but it is my last paid-for version).  I goto the Audio tab, and click "Make Audio and Data CD" (make sure to have the advanced things on or you will not see it).  On the left are two sections, Data and Audio.  I drag files to the data, and wav (or mp3 or whatever) files to the audio.  I then burn.  Simple.

bigbadbogie

On my version, it says that it saves the audio to the first tracks and data to the last one.

That means it wont show up as being a battlezone disk at all and only be an audio disk with other files on it.

My BZ2 mods:

OvermindDL1

There was an area in Nero to specify the exact tracks somewhere, I think it involved making a data session, then appending an audio session with new tracks on top of that...

Could always make an 'enhanced' cd as well, which 'hides' the audio in the first session, and data in the second, therefor it plays fine in cd players, but you don't see the audio on the computer unless something specifically looks for it, like a cd audio app. :P

I used to use Roxio EZ CD Creator, somewhere around version 5 I think...

It allowed 'mixed mode' discs but I don't think I could specify where it put what...  still, it might be worth trying an older CD burning package to see if things were simpler.  I personally find Nero to be a little fuzzy feature-wise...  seems overly complex to do simple things.

-Av-

OvermindDL1

Yea.  Nero was one of those that can do anything, just cannot do everything easily.  Unlike others which can do the usual things easily, but nothing else at all.  I prefer power over ease of use personally. :)

TheJamsh

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on December 28, 2008, 08:35:30 PM
I prefer power over ease of use personally. :)

only because youre the BZUniverse Genius :lol:

[/asskissing]

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

oh dear, i think was late when i wrote that

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.