• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone font?

Started by Darkplanet01, December 16, 2008, 04:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkplanet01

I think the font for the title of Battlezone 1 is sweet, and I wanted to get it for my computer. Would there be any possible way to download it, or download a very similar font?
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

bigbadbogie

I think that is from the original battlezone.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

BZ1 title is not all font. It is a font with a perspective applied.

Click on the image...

Bort

Keep in mind that it was made in 1997 or earlier, Nielk1. I'm not sure perspective effects existed then although they could and you're possibly right. I believe it is a font, and I've looked for it too. I never found it anywhere but a bz player (I *think* it was Launchalot) made a bz font. Here it is:

http://www.theoutcastsclan.com/files/fonts/bzfont_199.zip

As I recall in my own experimenting with trying to use it...only the letters that spell Battlezone are there, any other letter or character you attempt creates a debug block, or nothing at all.
...but there it is, the only Bz font that exists...that I know of.

I'm sure there are other fonts like it. The best places i know of to look for fonts are www.dafont.com and www.acidfonts.com

Good luck! If you find a really close match to it please let me know!

Bort

Or...if you want a specific word made into an image? I'd be glad to create it for you. Here's an example of another font (close to the bz font) that I edited:

I can make it shiney or however you'd want it. I threw this together, quick, because the idea struck me that it can be done..and it's Christmas. lol

What are you looking to do?

AHadley

Looks like WordArt to me...  :lol:

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

GSH

Keep in mind that it was made in 1997 or earlier, Nielk1. I'm not sure perspective effects existed then although they could and you're possibly right.

Photoshop sure existed back then. :P

-- GSH

Nielk1

Hell taking a picture at an angle would have worked.

Click on the image...

Bort

Of course Photoshop existed then. I said I wasn't sure what Nielk1 is referring to as Perspective Effects existed. Those kinds of effects aren't even in PS CS3 or 4 (the current versions), but they are in other adobe applications. They were only actually starting to be introduced and available in image editing applications just recently. They're also not called perspective effects...good way to word it tho.

WordArt would make that look like crap and you'd probably have a heck of a time getting it's format to work so it posted anywhere on the web and still looked the same as it does in the editor window (that's why Microsoft applications are garbage and a HUGE no no when it comes to web developing).

I made it in illistrator CS4.
It was also just something I threw together in less than a minute as an example. I didn't spend time making it fancy I was trying to show that it could be done with an image editor. If I spent time on it I can most likely re-create it, animation and all, very close to exact. I've actually added to the intro movie quite nicely for GBD and Avatar so when they're done with BzC they have a nice, stock-looking, intro movie.

If someone would want me to I'd be glad to do it for the bz community.
Otherwise...I'm not wasting much time on it. lol

Nielk1

Perhaps I should reverse the perspective effect from the trapezoidal transformation and then run the image though a font analyzer.

Click on the image...

Bort

Easy there Inspector Sherlock. For one thing it is not a 'trapizoidal transformation' it's a 3D effect I added to it. A font analyzer will tell you that the font is Impact so (hehe now that I told you) there's no reason to waste your time doing that. And there is no perspective effect. It's a 3D effect, as I said.

I also told everyone the program I used to make it. And I also said this was something I did in a few minutes just to show it can be done.

lol...why would I be lying?

Nielk1

Its a pseudo 3d effect. Take any image, reduce the width on the top (making a trapezoid) and reduce the height. Instant frontal perspective.

Click on the image...

Bort

Jeez! I'm sorry (?) I generously tried to help someone get something close to the bz font because there isn't a tff file available for it.
Nah..I'm not sorry I tried to help. If it's going to be this hoot, arguments and know-it-alls that really don't know, - I won't try to help.
Can't you just appreciate the attempt? sheesh...!

No, it is not a fake 3d effect it is a true 3d effect made in Illustrator CS4, as I've said.
What you're describing is not how it was done. It's not a 'frontal perspective' either (whatever that is...it's not a term learned in the Ace test). Please stop dude...you have no idea what you're talking about.