• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 ModLog - Up To PB4a - By Commando

Started by Red Devil, December 25, 2008, 10:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

I'm posting this because Commando is away from his desk over the Christmas holiday.

I have to say that Commando deserves a *huge* round of applause, a promotion, and a medal for all the work he put into this.  As I went through it, I just kept shaking my head at all the tedium he had to endure in making this for you.  I was and am very, very impressed.

1.3 ModLog By Commando   ~5MB

(I just finished proofreading it, but there may be some typos/errors in it.  If so, please let Commando or me know.)

Edit: Link edited to point to a zip file

Edit2: Zip updated.  Redownload if you have already downloaded it.
What box???

Zero Angel

Whenever I click on any topic, the right pane simply shows "The address is not valid"
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Zero Angel

It works when I run it directly from a ZIP file.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

Thanks and sorry.  Changed link to point to a zip.

Troublemaker...  :-P
What box???

Red Devil

Updated file.  redownload it if you have already downloaded it.
What box???

Commando

Anyone have a chance to look at it yet.  If so, was it useful?

TheJamsh

thankyou very much!

cant look at it right now, but i KNOW it will help me

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

It needs to be updated to include many of the new features added in pb4a, but that can be done at a later date.

TheJamsh

wow. i just had a look at it. YES, it is damn halpful. all the information i sometimes forget in a handy compiled form hehe

Modders must look see! Especially newer guys.

Commando

It is up to date as of pb4.  I still need to add the new pb4a odf settings to make it up to date.

Commando

I'd post this on bz2md if I had the authority to since I'm sure some over there would find it useful.  Hopefully they would anyways.

GreenHeart

Quote from: Commando on January 02, 2009, 05:23:05 PM
I'd post this on bz2md if I had the authority to since I'm sure some over there would find it useful.  Hopefully they would anyways.

Already posted a link to this thread.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Commando

It looks like I have a lot of work up ahead recreating the HelpMaker project file so the ModLog will end up structured like my last private version.

Commando

I'm currently going through the modlog and redoing it.  I plan on removing the Weapon Crosshair Creation chapter since I have no knowledge on the area.  If there is someone who knows how to make weapon crosshairs and would like to write up a tutorial, I'll gladly include it in the ModLog.

I also plan on removing the DXTGenerator chapter because the latest versions have a GUI and no longer requires the uer to have an understanding of commandline options.

The latest version will be a cross between my old version and Red Devil's proofread version.  It will have the same structure as my old version, but will have Red's pages in it.  So far, I haven't seen all that much chnaged.

Tomorrow I'll start working on the ODF chapter which is probably 1/2 of the ModLog.

TheJamsh

im pretty sure BBB knows a lot about crosshair creation as he made quite a few new ones for QF.

if that fails, i know that spAce does, and GBD should know...