• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 ModLog - Up To PB4a - By Commando

Started by Red Devil, December 25, 2008, 10:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

I worked 12 hours on the ModLog yesterday and got past the CraftClass section.  I still have half way to go if not more.  I wish I would have been informed sooner that I had forgotten to post the .sh6 file which happened to be the only important file :(.  Once I get the ModLog recreated, I'll upload that file to a public site for anyone to edit, add to, etc.

Commando

BBB hasn't been here since the 25th of December so I have no idea where he disappeared to.  If GBD knows how to make the weapon icons and can write up a document with plenty of screenshots, that would be great.

I have a general idea how to do it, but not detailed enough to actually instruct others on how to make them.

Commando

Hmm, it looks like a few DeployableClass settings got lost when RD proofread the file.  Particularly those under Idle Attack.

Commando

For anyone interested, the current recreated version can be downloaded at http://www.bzuniverse.com/~betadudes/unprotected/ModLog/modlog_1_9_09b.7z.  It is nowhere near being complete.  It will give you an idea of how far I am in recreating the ModLog.  There were a few blatant typos I caught along the way, which I corrected.  As far as I can tell, there are also a few settings that my private ModLog had but the publicly released one did not.

Red Devil

Thanks...  :roll:  Which ones are those?  I included all the files that were in the original and had to recreate the.chm from them, modeling it after an older version.  You added the new subheadings for the ODF settings, so maybe they got misplaced or were not in the original.

Quote from: Commando on January 09, 2009, 08:39:58 AM
Hmm, it looks like a few DeployableClass settings got lost when RD proofread the file.  Particularly those under Idle Attack.
What box???

Commando

No telling, even my latest private build seems to be missing pages and had some minor issues so I have no idea.

Once I get the ModLog recreated, I'll upload the source file this time.  I meant to do it last time, but I guess I got distracted in the process.

Commando

New version.  Got half way though GameObjectClass.  I corrected two pages, mainly GameObjectClass::damageEffect# and GameObjectClass::HasSeparateChunks.  The examples on those pages indicated that the settings went under [CraftClass] when they really go under [GameObjectClass] for this particular instance of the setting.  You can get it http://www.bzuniverse.com/~betadudes/unprotected/ModLog/modlog_1_10_09g3.7z.

TheJamsh

you can put those sections under [craftclass] too cant you? i thought the entires under CC will win if they are present

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

Yes, the ones under CraftClass will override those under GameObjectClass.  My pages for the GameObjectClass settings just had the wrong header.  My modlog uses separate pages for the CraftClass settings and the GameObjectClass settings.

When I copied my CraftClass settings for GameObjectClass, I forgot to change the header from [CraftClass] to [GameObjectClass] for those pages.

Commando

The latest version can be downloaded http://www.bzuniverse.com/~betadudes/unprotected/ModLog/modlog_1_12_09g.7z.  I got GameOjectClass finished, and made it down to MachineGunClass where I'll resume from there tomorrow.  I have approximately 32 chapters to go. 

Commando

Today's ModLog update.  I'll resume working on it tomorrow.  I've already put about 4+ hours into it for the day.  You can get the latest version at http://www.bzuniverse.com/~betadudes/unprotected/ModLog/modlog_1_13_09x.7z.

Out of curiosity, does anyone even find the ModLog useful?

ScarleTomato

Yes! I've found it extremely helpful! Excellent stuff. Wish there was one for pre 1.3 stuff, but what an endless task that would be. :-P

Commando

Yeah, I'd be willing to post a page consisting of all settings that go under each Chunk, for example [GameObjectClass], [CraftClass], [HoverCraftClass], etc if I could get such a list.  Especially a complete list.

TheJamsh

i guess youd have to ask around for them

ive been modding for ages and i still see new ones pop up here and there that existed in the stock game!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

Yeah but there are some in stock odfs that do nothing.  For example.

[BarracksClass]
pilotHold = 500.

No such setting exists in code.  That is what GSH told me.

It would be interesting seeing if there are any settings in bz2 that noone knows about because they are never used.  That and it will help weed out the nonexistent settings like above.