• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Whats up with all the passworded 1.3 games?

Started by Zero Angel, January 28, 2009, 06:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Just curious why so many of the 1.3 STs are being passworded these days. Are people afraid of vets crashing their games? (in a metaphorical sense), noobs? People with bad attitudes? Because the games have special rules?

Huh. It's kind of strange.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

That has been an issue since public beta 1 unfortunately.  The d-bags annoy me a lot considering the 1.3 community is small enough as is, then you have 1/2 of the games locked so those that can't find games end up giving up and finding other games.

Personally I would love to see those IPs added to the gameprefs file in a setting that automatically hides those games from everyone, even their friends.

mrtwosheds

Meanies...  :-D
There are a few peeps around I have seen who just want to play with their friend(s) good on em, I say!
There are more who don't want to play with me  :-D because they don't like getting exterminated...

Steeveeo

I can see good reasons why they're locked.

- Since 1.3 was built up for modders, many players have their own personal tweaks that they throw in for fun.
- Some people just like to play with close friends.
- Some people (though I do NOT condone it) like to make a multiplayer game, lock it, and play by themselves. I don't know if it's for the extra challenge because of the extra cheat boost the AIPs get in MPI (that I cant seem to find the kill switch too...), or maybe they're just a loner, I don't know.
- I have encountered a figurative ton of "bad" players. I do not mean "bad" as in "neophyte," but rather as in they DON'T DO A FRIKKIN THING! One example (sorry if this sounds like a flame, but its a warning), one player by the name of "Yeah" likes to host/join games, hide in the recycler, and go AFK for SIX HOURS STRAIGHT! The funny thing is, I almost ALWAYS see him...well, his account... on, and when he finally joined my server and did NOT leave the computer, actually playing the damn game, he got in a scavenger I asked him to deploy on a pool and drove around uselessly (not even picking up any of the frikkin loose) for the majority of the match until I got fed up and booted him. Not only this guy, but I have come across idiots who like to do as they please in games, even if it means ruining the experience for everyone else (IE, shooting friendlies on purpose, sniping my vehicles instead of just asking for his/her own, wasting vehicles by rushing, etc).

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Zero Angel

Yep thats the sole reason why vet strats tend to need people to vouch. Though I think its good to give other people a chance, if they mess up you can just kick them, and at the very last resort simply lock the game.

But yea, I get the whole 'people testing their own assets thing', I still would think it would be better if 1.3 games werent locked so often. The more players the better!
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

What we need is a 1.3pb4a Dedicated Server script, similar to those found in 1.2.

I do not know where to find the scripts they use in 1.2, or if they work for 1.3pb4a, but if someone were to make one, I would gladly setup a 1.3pb4a ded server!

Power Board

Feared_1

VET: 1The most skilled players in the game. 2Any player welcomed into a ZST strat by another player in the 1.2 patch. 3An experienced player with a horrible attitude toward anyone other than himself.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

You decide by context which of those 3 it is, or if it is 2 or all 3.

Click on the image...

cheesepuffly

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Steeveeo

Quote from: Steeveeo on January 29, 2009, 01:31:58 PM
What we need is a 1.3pb4a Dedicated Server script...if someone were to make one, I would gladly setup a 1.3pb4a ded server!

Warfreak

PLEASE ratake your post BBB (or moderator edit the post).

I've seen enough flames sprout out already.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: bigbadbogie on January 31, 2009, 04:22:08 PM
4 - Intolerant and ungrateful scum who are incapable of understanding that the 1.3 patches have improved the game. They should all be left to rot in their precious little bz2maps site.

Lagout bug still gets meh mad, other than that, 1.3 patches have improved it.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!