• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Whats up with all the passworded 1.3 games?

Started by Zero Angel, January 28, 2009, 06:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Warfreak on January 31, 2009, 04:27:03 PM
PLEASE ratake your post BBB (or moderator edit the post).

I've seen enough flames sprout out already.

I wont flame any further, but that was 100% the truth.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Feared_1

I removed it.

Let's talk about passworded games now :)

cheesepuffly

Maybe the just wanna play with their friends, i mean, i cant think of any other reason to play a passworded game.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Axeminister

If someone with a bad ping joins a few times and keeps messing up my games, rather than ban him I'll just password the game. It's rare that I'll do this tough. Sometimes I'll just do this from the beginning of a 1.2 G66 mpi because people will join then leave too many times and ruin my game. My regulars know my passwords. I don't think people that do it are being dicks or anything. There are many valid reasons to do it. Bz2 is a finicky game. You've got avers in 1.2 and people with a bad connections in all patches.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

squirrelof09

QuoteIf someone with a bad ping joins a few times and keeps messing up my games, rather than ban him I'll just password the game.

:)
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Axeminister

hehehe, ya squirrel used to join when I had 1.3pb1, his ping is super bad. But on pb1 he could still play. pb3 he just @#$%ed up the game.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Sabre Tank

Quote from: Steeveeo on January 28, 2009, 10:44:09 PM
I can see good reasons why they're locked.

- Since 1.3 was built up for modders, many players have their own personal tweaks that they throw in for fun.
- Some people just like to play with close friends.
- Some people (though I do NOT condone it) like to make a multiplayer game, lock it, and play by themselves. I don't know if it's for the extra challenge because of the extra cheat boost the AIPs get in MPI (that I cant seem to find the kill switch too...), or maybe they're just a loner, I don't know.
- I have encountered a figurative ton of "bad" players. I do not mean "bad" as in "neophyte," but rather as in they DON'T DO A FRIKKIN THING! One example (sorry if this sounds like a flame, but its a warning), one player by the name of "Yeah" likes to host/join games, hide in the recycler, and go AFK for SIX HOURS STRAIGHT! The funny thing is, I almost ALWAYS see him...well, his account... on, and when he finally joined my server and did NOT leave the computer, actually playing the damn game, he got in a scavenger I asked him to deploy on a pool and drove around uselessly (not even picking up any of the frikkin loose) for the majority of the match until I got fed up and booted him. Not only this guy, but I have come across idiots who like to do as they please in games, even if it means ruining the experience for everyone else (IE, shooting friendlies on purpose, sniping my vehicles instead of just asking for his/her own, wasting vehicles by rushing, etc).

I know that dude, I have joined a few of his games before and he doesn't do a damn thing. It pisses me off. I also hate when people are like, "I'm bored" or something, and they will start shooting you and stuff and it gets annoying.

And I don't get why people lock the game in multiplayer and play by themselves.

Angstromicus

Yea, Squirrel and I have satellite. The ping sucks. 1 second + on average.

Steeveeo

Heh, I remember playing with squirrel the first time.

I look up at the score box, and I am horrified to see that it's 1700 vs 72 ping.

Dogfighting him is a pain. :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Quote from: Sabre Tank on February 18, 2009, 05:50:08 PM
And I don't get why people lock the game in multiplayer and play by themselves.

Likely someone testing a mod in MPI or some other MP mode.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Why would they bother to lock it? People will get bad assets anyway.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Sabre Tank

Quote from: bigbadbogie on February 18, 2009, 11:32:44 PM
Why would they bother to lock it? People will get bad assets anyway.

Probably so people don't join and get pissed of when they get kicked be cause of bad assets. Then they troll back in, "WTF Y DID U KICK MEE!!!" Or some other incoherent rambling. It would certainly get annoying.

Steeveeo

That, and when someone joins just to get kicked by a BA error, more often than not, causes the game to go unstable and even someone playing by themselves starts to lag.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Commando

Yeah, when someone joins but gets kicked due to bad assets, it turns on the multiplayer code (multiworld) which causes things to get slightly warpy.  It is when multiworld is enabled that ai units start to warp.

bigbadbogie

Shouldn't it automatically turn MW off when the 2nd player leaves?

My BZ2 mods: