• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Whats up with all the passworded 1.3 games?

Started by Zero Angel, January 28, 2009, 06:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

Steeveeo

You'd think it would, but I haven't seen it work that way.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Tom

Christ, the 1.3 players are a bunch of whiners. The other day i decided to play 1.3 for the 1st time, i took command on the map quarry.
I got 2 fast upgrades and flooded the field with rats, and i got kicked and asked not to play in the server again.

And yesterday i got kicked becuz i was about to win, christ, this is a great advertisement to 1.3, i see most what u 1.3ers call 'problems' are fixed accept from the idiotic community. (no offence to has not booted me from a game cos ur getting beaten or about to get beat)

Waste of time.

Commando

Why not post the name and ip address of the host so the rest of us know who to avoid playing with?

mrtwosheds

Don't be mean.
There is a wide spectrum of skill in 1.3 currently, From the kids who wont get let into 1.2 vet games up to some well chewed old vets...Just got to learn to be nice to the newer players and let them play their way... and then EXTERMINATE! them.  :-D

Nielk1

Quote from: Tom on April 07, 2009, 11:57:32 AM
Christ, the 1.3 players are a bunch of whiners. The other day i decided to play 1.3 for the 1st time, i took command on the map quarry.
I got 2 fast upgrades and flooded the field with rats, and i got kicked and asked not to play in the server again.

And yesterday i got kicked becuz i was about to win, christ, this is a great advertisement to 1.3, i see most what u 1.3ers call 'problems' are fixed accept from the idiotic community. (no offence to has not booted me from a game cos ur getting beaten or about to get beat)

Waste of time.

Similar but hypothetical situations:
This rectangle is a square so ALL RECTANGLES ARE SQUARES!
I got mugged in New York, that city is all muggers.
etc etc etc

Exclaiming what you did is just childish, 1.3 is no more at fault for hootty players as 1.2 is.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Tom, the same pathetic idiots play both 1.2 and 1.3.

You are not alone in hating them.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

I hate them too, but I can still shiver at the thought, knowing that long ago I used to be one of the sore losers. :/

But when time goes on you learn to take your beating like a vet.

BTW, a bit offtopic, has anyone ever plotted out just what it means to be a "veteran"? Is it play time, skill, how you play, or some combination of the above and others?

VSMIT

It's likely skill, as someone who's been around for years isn't necessarily a "vet."

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Feared_1

Your ability to do certain things and play a certain way (yes, this includes hovering and ghosting). In 1.2 a vet must be a "known" player who is accepted into ZSTs by other vets.

Quote from: Steeveeo on April 07, 2009, 06:14:37 PMBut when time goes on you learn to take your beating like a vet.

A lot of vets don't take beatings well :)

Steeveeo

AHadley

I suppose it would be skill if you wanted to be a 1.3 vet.

Veteran, I would hope, I don't think being beaten in BZ2 does much for our health, human or otherwise :lol:

Red Spot

Quote from: VSMIT on April 07, 2009, 09:03:17 PM
It's likely skill, as someone who's been around for years isn't necessarily a "vet."

But dont you grow skill by experiance, and as you have experiance you are a vet.
At least if what is called a vet here is the same as it is in the army, where you are a vet when you've been to war.
So having played plenty of strat 8 years ago and never again means you could be a poor player now and still be a vet.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Feared_1

Quote from: Red Spot on April 08, 2009, 09:28:28 AMSo having played plenty of strat 8 years ago and never again means you could be a poor player now and still be a vet.

Again, if you were with other vets in ZST games, being able to do the things mentioned above (in BZ2 1.2 terms, anyway). Always cool to meet "old vets" who come back.

Nielk1

I remember 4 vs 4 games before everyone was flying around and defying game rules. Yes, yes, that was long long ago. God, did I even have my user name back then? :roll:

Click on the image...