• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Whats up with all the passworded 1.3 games?

Started by Zero Angel, January 28, 2009, 06:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Maybe you should try out a few vets games see for yourself :)

AHadley

I seem to recall NK1 saying he gets kickbanned from most 1.2 games.

mrtwosheds

Quotebefore everyone was flying around and defying game rules.
What rules would they be?

Nielk1

People see my user name and kick me because I support 1.3

No kidding.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Play under your real name then, or something like KleinJ... or something completely unrelated.

Feared_1

Quote from: AHadley on April 09, 2009, 12:09:39 PM
Play under your real name then, or something like KleinJ... or something completely unrelated.

Or just say that you want to try it out.

Oh, don't get left behind in the first 10 seconds...

Purplehaze

Quote from: Nielk1 on April 09, 2009, 09:50:20 AM
People see my user name and kick me because I support 1.3

No kidding.
That's actually really sad, because we all play Battlezone I and II, Reguardless of version, instead of pushing away new players or ones who support other patches, maybe they should let them in because your bascially saying

"I don't care if this game has player base at all, Because he supports the other patch, he's not playing with me."

And that Sir, Is Wrong.
(Edit) Just because you can play/support one patch, doesn't mean you can't play/support another, I play both, and im fine with both of them, 1.3 has it's useful fixes, and in 1.2 the strat is good if you are tired of mpi, so i belive that they are both well-rounded patches, Bugs aside, I wish that players would all get along, especially with such a small community. I am afraid that some players (not blaming anyone here) have given up on Battlezone II because they are not accepted into a game. . . :/

(Edit[2]) What i ment by not accepted into a game means that they don't have the vet repect and/or all the passworded games are keeping them out

(Edit[3]) And what if 1.3 gets better than 1.2 and all the vets wanna join, but sience they did not let 1.3 players into their game, maybe 1.3 players would not let them into their games (not to say that this would happen) but i think that some 1.2 players do not understand the possible reprocussions. Such as all of their friends going to 1.3, and they are not allowed into most games because of thier behavior in the past. I am not attempting to flame here in any way. I am giving my insight. and I am neutral. Players and Patches alike
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

AHadley

Is it me or is it getting a little warm in here? This could turn nasty.

mrtwosheds

QuotePeople see my user name and kick me because I support 1.3
Most of the 1.2 strat vets are good ol boys really, but a few of them are not, even if you have been playing with them for years, some of them will kick you just because someone they think is a slightly better thug turns up...some of them, when not in a position to kick, will refuse to build you another ship if they think you are loosing too many. For some of them it is not a game...Very sad really.
Using another name will not help, it would just increase the chance of a kick, for being an unknown.
The only way is to run the server yourself. There are at least 2 notorious vets who are simply unwelcome on my server (when I still played 1.2) and I would no longer consider it a worthwhile use of my time joining one of theirs.

Purplehaze

Quote from: AHadley on April 10, 2009, 03:12:15 AM
Is it me or is it getting a little warm in here? This could turn nasty.

if that was a response to my post above, then in no way did i mean it the way you recived it.

wasd

AHadley

Not particularly to you, but I smell something.

Just hope it's not 1.2'ers that I can smell :lol:

Purplehaze

wasd

AHadley

I'm not, but if they turn up we would soon have an argument on our hands. I don't hate them, I used to be reluctant to come to 1.3 (even if it was because it was a WIP and I had broken my disk, lol) but I don't want more arguments.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

so was i, back when i first started modding i used 1.2, i can still see my first post over on BZU.

moved to 1.3... never looked back. unless it was to tear mods apart :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.