• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

FINALLY! Discovered the cause of stuttering in pb4a

Started by TheJamsh, February 04, 2009, 11:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Commando

If someone wants to deal with the annoying stuttering when they use it, that is up to them.

Angstromicus

I don't think I've noticed any stuttering on a GTX 280 with an intel q9450.

You could get a core i7 920 for about 2-300 bucks, and an ati 4870 for under 200 bucks.

Oh, I forgot to mention, has anyone heard about that "Hydra 100" hardare that is supposed to make multiple graphics cards have linear (sometimes GREATER than linear) imporvement with ANY game. Though, little is known about it, and for all I know it could be a con. But it still would be cool if performs that well if it's released  :mrgreen:!

Commando

The Corei7 also requires a new motherboard and DDR 3 ram if I'm correct.  Both of which aren't very cheap.

I currently have a 9800 GTX so the video card is definately not the cause of the stuttering.

My system specs

Windows XP Pro
4 GB of Ram PC 800
Creative Labs XFi Game
Nvidia 9800 GTX
EVGA 780i motherboard (I believe).  I'll have to verify.
Core2Duo E8400 (a 3GHz, dual core processor)

Angstromicus

Oh yes, that's right! The mobo would be at least 240 (most are in the 300+ range). Silly me :P. The upgrade cost might actually approach 1k and it still wouldn't fix the stuttering issue (I probably just hadn't noticed it, commando's hardware is quite comparable, if not superior in, BZII's case):-(.

:-(

Commando

I don't think this stuttering issue is a hardware issue.  I have no idea what causes it.  I just know it is at its worst when the fps counter is on.

Hitting Alt + F will turn the counter off I believe.  I haven't had to turn it off in a while so I can't remember if that is the correct key combo or not.  I believe vid.showfps in the console will also disable it.

Purplehaze

Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd