• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Word Censoring

Started by Sonic, February 09, 2009, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

change something to *AAAAAAAAAAH MORE SWARM!*

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Arbystrider

"Pansy" is a little offensive, change it to... hmm... *BOOM*
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

Steeveeo

Pansy = Weakling/Wimp, not offensive.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AHadley

Zero Angel

Its an americanism. Where you're from it's probably spelled "whimp" but in north america its spelled as "wimp"

I just thought of a new curse word replacement. Son of a *Mega Statue* that was a hard game!
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

AHadley

:lol:

Why you americans have to corrupt our language like that...  :roll: :-P

Nielk1

Because we have others here from all over that cause the language to evolve faster.

I hate spanglish...

Click on the image...

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on February 24, 2009, 12:11:40 PM
I hate spanglish...

Most hybrid languages tend to be annoying.
I'm sure Arby can relate to Singlish, and chinglish is very confusing and quite offensive when you read it phonetically

VSMIT

Don't read what I say, read what I mean. :wink:

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Arbystrider

Quote from: AHadley on February 24, 2009, 12:33:39 PM
Most hybrid languages tend to be annoying.
I'm sure Arby can relate to Singlish, and chinglish is very confusing and quite offensive when you read it phonetically

Bleh  :oops:, and what's chinglish? Somebody split that post into the OT...
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

AHadley

Chinese English  :lol:

Better still, let's get back to word censoring :P

Steeveeo

As a note, to those of you who are purposefully censoring themselves with the *<bz2term>* stuff, whether it is a joke or otherwise, please stop.

I know it's not the censoring filter, I have that turned off. I am finding that the artificial censors are even more agitating to read than the actual curses.

It's not a funny joke (and hasn't been since the second page of this thread), and doesn't present itself as a good solidifier for any arguments/yelling.

In order of annoyance, from least to greatest, in this instance:

- Fake swears (frikkin, frik, dagnammit).
- Actual swears.
-
-
-
- Artificial Censors.

Yes, that is a large jump between the first two and the last, and that even ain't to scale. So please stop with the overused jokes, they cease to be funny.

Feared_1

Quote from: Steeveeo on February 27, 2009, 12:24:31 PMYes, that is a large jump between the first two and the last, and that even ain't to scale. So please stop with the overused jokes, they cease to be funny.

That's a little over the top :-o. You sound like you're trying to speak for the whole community, when some (most) people think it's actually funny.

We're better off having people (possibly young people) read *Ammo* rather than "other word". That's why the censor was put there in the first place.

If people try to get around it by using what you call "fake swears" to make sure their language is displayed, that's where the problem lies.

Nielk1

I've used the so called 'fake swears' while we had no filter to avoid actual swearing dagnammit! :roll:

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Quote from: Feared_1 on February 27, 2009, 03:40:23 PM
That's a little over the top :-o. You sound like you're trying to speak for the whole community, when some (most) people think it's actually funny.

We're better off having people (possibly young people) read *Ammo* rather than "other word". That's why the censor was put there in the first place.

If people try to get around it by using what you call "fake swears" to make sure their language is displayed, that's where the problem lies.
You missed the point.

I don't mind the actual censored words, but constantly faking a censor for the sake of a joke got about as old as a 4Chan meme right off the bat.

Rule of Puns and One Liners: Say it once, maybe twice, or don't say it at all.