• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Word Censoring

Started by Sonic, February 09, 2009, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Yes. Steeveeo has an obvious hatred of people making the same joke more than once.
I share that in the real world, but on the internet and TV its fine.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Sonic

What the *Ammo Pod* Steeveeo? It's just a joke. We're not using it on anything important that you HAVE to read. If reading all this is such as *Service Truck* than stop reading it.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

AHadley

New swear words are being invented all the time. These are just the BZ2 ones.

Amazing how some people want censors, and others want nothing more than to find a way around them...

Warning, mildly offensiveness coming up here...

In Tribes/T2 at first it was just using symbols for letters, like $uck$ @$$,

Once the censors were updated the players that wanted to express themselves just started making scripts that pieced together sections of the audio snips... getting them to say things that couldn't be censored.

It's a basic human need, I think, to overcome obstacles and/or find ways around blockades...

-Av-

bigbadbogie

Only if they are blocking something you want/need Av.

I personally couldn't care less about censoring. I don't consider even the 'worst' swearwords to be even slightly offensive unless they are directed towards me.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Along with BBB, on the internet i too couldnt care less about the *fake* swearing crap going on. bit of light-hearted humour never hurt anyone.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

The only way to survive in an Internet environment is to take NOTHING personally.  Ultimately we're all just voices in the dark, with no substance and therefore no real meaning.

-Av-

Nielk1

Except for GSH, what he says goes! :-P

Click on the image...