• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone on XBM

Started by CivBase, February 15, 2009, 11:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CivBase

Okay, I know most of you have very little appreciation for console gaming, but what would you guys think about putting Battlezone on the Xbox Marketplace?  I was talking with one of my friends yesterday on XBL about Halo Wars, and it somehow got turned into a discussion about putting Battlezone on the marketplace.  Now I can't shake the thought.

I think it would be awesome, especially if they included online play, and I shouldn't think it'd be too hard to do, either... but I don't really know a ton about that sort of stuff.  Activision would likely make a killing off of it as well.  I was thinking about emailing this to Activision, but I doubt they'd bother taking the idea into consideration if I was the only one to send it in, especially since Battlezone is as old as it is.  What do you guys think?  Would you help?

TheJamsh

well put simply... we couldnt even if we wanted too..

BZ & BZ2 are computer games, and i bet theres some serious code re-writing needed to work on XBOX. Not only that, but as soon as we give microshaft the rights to this game they will make money off it everyway they can. And youre right, Activision wouldn't listen because i THINK the copyrights are now in EA's name. might be wrong on that last one.

BZ was written over ten years ago, the XBOX has more processing speed in ghz than that. I think it would be a problem.

I have all the time for XBOX gaming as much as PC's, but ive never had live. Its jsut another example of being shafted for money by microsoft for everything. You can get thousands of free COD maps for PC on the internet, but microsoft wont do that, nono, youve got to pay EVEN more for it. What the hells with that?

the only ones with the rights to re-write the BZII code that still hang with the gamers are GSH and Ultraken, both of whom are WAY to busy to do such a thing

lol sorry to be so negative, but even if we wanted it to happen. it couldn't.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

CivBase

TheJamsh

don't be too sad, id prefer to keep the game un-shafted by microsoft. just wouldn't be the same with a huge cooperation logo on it.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Compared to Micro$%!1, yeah

Arbystrider

The BZ games are regarded as legendary to some people, and regarded as n00b-ish to a few others (like that guy I know).

I'd say NOT to have it on XBM, since the XB's graphics are WAY superior (I'm saying those of Halo 2, and GTA). Putting BZ on XBM could mean 3 things.

1. We, and Activision are generous enough to sell the legendary game after 10 years, again.
2. We, and Activision, are n00bs (no offense!) to put it up because its old and (no offense, some people believe this, but not ME!!) old games suck since they have bad (no offense!) graphics.
3. We, as the BZ community, are letting Micro(eff) (lol) totally make a legendary game NOT legendary by letting them print their logo on it and spoiling everything, which lets Micro(Same as above) get credit too, although ALL of the game was done by Activision, Pandemic, and us. Except for coding it to be compatible with XB. That was done by Micro*Ammo*.

EDIT: Hey! First post about BZ1!
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

TheJamsh

well nah i guess.

activision seem to be behind the best/most intuitive games... guitar hero, BZ2. list probably goes on.

bigbadbogie

BZ2 actually has a pretty good graphics engine which was superb at the time of its release.

It is just the poor quality of stock models and textures that makes it look bad.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Arbystrider

Quote from: bigbadbogie on February 19, 2009, 02:16:11 PM
BZ2 actually has a pretty good graphics engine which was superb at the time of its release.

It is just the poor quality of stock models and textures that makes it look bad.

AT its time, it's 2009 now, 10 years anniversary to BZ2. I don't have BZ1 though.
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.