• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Am i just awesome or what?

Started by cheesepuffly, March 07, 2009, 12:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesepuffly

As sean and rocket (and any one else who has played a game with me as the host in recent days) can tell you, i have the unusual quality of actually being able to hold laggless 8 player matches on pb4a. I only bring this up because for the most part, the common fix to no lagouts is have only 3 people in a server.

And no, its not with the same people, its with lots of different people.

Is there something im doing special?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

GSH

There are logic errors in the code, which seem to have been fixed in the private betas. If you're not running into them, it's probably more luck than anything.

-- GSH

AHadley

This might be a good time to bring up my issue. Various players know that as soon as I join a server, no matter who is hosting, it lags out to less than 1 fps immediately and the host is forced to kick me before the game crashes. I can host a game myself fine and there is no lag at all, but nobody can join. TwoSheds should be able to tell you the host's experience. Is the problem my end, or my internet connection, or something? A fix would be real good :)

Red Devil

What box???

cheesepuffly

Him or me?

If me then yes.

AHadley, why not give my server a shot, lemme know when you can come play.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Red Devil

I think that there are no limits to your awesomeness, CP, and, if there ever were, they have long since been surpassed by the awesomeness that is yours and yours alone.
What box???

bigbadbogie

QuoteAm i just awesome or what?

Have you by any chance ever heard the phrase; 'up yourself' Cheese?  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

If you meant me, RD, I don't use wireless on my BZ2 PC but I am behind a router, with other computers in the house on wireless. Might the router be the problem?

cheesepuffly

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 07, 2009, 09:12:30 PM
Have you by any chance ever heard the phrase; 'up yourself' Cheese?  :-P

I...I am hurt by that.

I kinda actually ment that only because of the fact that i can do something it seems most people cannot on the current version of bz2 in game.

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Zero Angel

*messes up cheesepuffly's hair*
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

What part of GSH's comment is hard to understand?

He said you have been extremely lucky if you don't run into the issue.  He has the code to bz2 so he has a better idea what goes wrong with bz2 than anyone here.  As he also said, he has reduced the issue in the private betas.

cheesepuffly

Not talking about me right?

I understand it fine. I was talking to BBB not GSH
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Red Devil

Sounds like your ports aren't forwarded.  If you haven't already, read Nettips in the root of your install.

Quote from: AHadley on March 08, 2009, 03:31:32 AM
If you meant me, RD, I don't use wireless on my BZ2 PC but I am behind a router, with other computers in the house on wireless. Might the router be the problem?
What box???

AHadley

I have read it, but that was a good few PBs ago, so it's probably been updated. I'll take another look now.

EDIT: Right, I've done it... I think... is this good?

EDIT 2: Anybody know why that gives me a No. 1 LAN Error?

Warfreak

in the first collumn, you gotta add the final numbers of your IP address. (IE: 192.168.2.[number goes here])

Mine switch around frequently, so I have it forwarding the most common of the variation. (102 and 104 for me)