• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Am i just awesome or what?

Started by cheesepuffly, March 07, 2009, 12:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

Yes, you forgot to fill the first box.  You may need to use Command Prompt to determine what number goes in there.

From your comupter, perform the following steps.

1.  Open up Command Prompt (Start->Accessories->Command Prompt)
2.  Then type in /ipconfig /all
3.  Record the IP Address (192.168.1.X)
4.  For that X number, enter it in that screen you posted a picture of.

Bz2 may also tell you the IP address if it spams the network stuff when you start to host.

AHadley

Oops, how did I miss that? :lol:

I know it, I have to rejig my router enough. Doesn't change, so I'm good. Thanks, guys. If it works... well, see you in-game!

Red Devil

You'll want to set the Protocol Type for all 3 ports to TCP&UDP.
What box???

AHadley

The nettips thing said 17770 was UDP, 17771 was TCP&UDP, and 17772 was TCP, is that wrong?

Either way, it seems to be working wonderfully, I just had a quick MPI with MasterComputer1st, Bone and bz2. Gotta get some more MP in, its fun :D

Red Devil

This is what I see in Nettip.rtf:

"If you are hosting from behind a firewall/router, however, you must tweak your firewall/router to allow incoming packets on ports 17770-17772, TCP & UDP, to be forwarded to the machine you are playing BZ2 on."
What box???

cheesepuffly

Its uhh ComputerMaster1st not MasterComputer1st

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Red Devil

If you haven't already, you'll need to make your IP address a *static* address.

1. First go into your main router page in your router and see what the valid ranges are.  It should be something like 192.68.15.100..200

2. Second, get the DNS server addresses on the same router page.

Then:

Start/Control Panel/Network Connections/Local Area Connection/Properties

Scroll down until you see Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), select that, then click Properties.

Select 'Use the following IP Address:'

Enter the the first three parts of your router's IP address and then 100, so if your router's address is 192.68.15.1, you would enter 192.68.15.100

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: whatever your router's address is. i.e., 192.68.15.1

Click on 'Use the following DNS server addresses:'

Plug in the DNS addresses you got in step 2.

Click OK, Close,  and save any open work; you might have to reboot your PC.

Play/Host

What box???