• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Who is God?

Started by hybirdisdf, March 14, 2009, 12:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 14, 2009, 03:00:33 PM
ME!!! HAHAHAHA!!!
If there was a supreme being, the shining ray of light is exactly what would happen if you pray to be healed.
Because it is supernatural and therefore illogical.

How can you possibly prove what the supernatural, or above natural, would do with your natural mind?
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

IMO:
God is more the undercurrent of the universe than a being. As such it is existence itself. Existence itself will not answer your prayers.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

How can you prove that he is existence. personnally i can testify to having my prayers answered. Don't you hear nature screaming it at you that God is real and a Being
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

My non-religious views are similar to those of an atheist, but I do believe in god as said above, but not the common way.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Clavin12 on May 07, 2009, 04:50:18 PM
How can you possibly prove what the supernatural, or above natural, would do with your natural mind?

How can you possibly prove that god/supernatural things exist? There is NO way to prove it one way or the other.

That is why it must be a load of rubbish. It simply doesn't make sense.

Quote from: Nielk1 on May 07, 2009, 05:33:41 PM
My non-religious views are similar to those of an atheist, but I do believe in god as said above, but not the common way.

That doesn't make any sense either dude.  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on May 07, 2009, 05:34:40 PM
That doesn't make any sense either dude.  :-P

Atheists do not believe in god, but they often have reasons why. I agree with those reasons but not the same conclusion.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Nature, Your conscience, The sheer amount of God believers, and history, are all yelling at you.
C l a v i n 1 2

cheesepuffly

Do not try to turn THESE PEOPLE to God that way Calvin, you need facts for THESE PEOPLE. Or logic, not yelling.

As stated before, you may not thing the universe is complex BBB, but it is. From a single cell, to every Supernova that happens in the universe. Say all that is chance, well thats just wrong. Science cant explain everything. Religion can.

But then again people like you BBB seem to think if God were real, he would do everything as if he were the King of the universe from a mans perspective. His followers having the best lives, and everyone else having crappy lives.

Science puts a ? where it doesnt know something

Religion gives an answer, God.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Clavin12

In fact i just thought about that while i was doing dishes a second ago. I was thinking "why beleive in a world where nothing is certain and anything could happen, when you could beleive in a God that saves you and brings you to paradise and all you have to do is serve him.
C l a v i n 1 2

cheesepuffly

I gotta see facts, and God has shown me facts.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

Quote from: cheesepuffly on May 07, 2009, 05:42:18 PM
Do not try to turn THESE PEOPLE to God that way Calvin, you need facts for THESE PEOPLE. Or logic, not yelling.

As stated before, you may not thing the universe is complex BBB, but it is. From a single cell, to every Supernova that happens in the universe. Say all that is chance, well thats just wrong. Science cant explain everything. Religion can.

But then again people like you BBB seem to think if God were real, he would do everything as if he were the King of the universe from a mans perspective. His followers having the best lives, and everyone else having crappy lives.

Science puts a ? where it doesnt know something

Religion gives an answer, God.

Science makes sense, and religion doesn't.

QuoteScience cant explain everything

Almost everything... and that is only because we are still missing a few scientific facts about the universe.

QuoteFrom a single cell, to every Supernova that happens in the universe. Say all that is chance, well thats just wrong.

No, you are just wrong. We have proof that all of that was chance.

QuoteBut then again people like you BBB seem to think if God were real, he would do everything as if he were the King of the universe from a mans perspective. His followers having the best lives, and everyone else having crappy lives.

Isn't that what your bible says? God made us in his image?

Quote from: Clavin12 on May 07, 2009, 05:47:57 PM
In fact i just thought about that while i was doing dishes a second ago. I was thinking "why beleive in a world where nothing is certain and anything could happen, when you could beleive in a God that saves you and brings you to paradise and all you have to do is serve him.

Because the first one is correct and the other one is NOT!! It has nothing to do with what you believe, only what is real or not.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

Don't turn this into an argument between converters and those who don't wish to be converted. Its just a topic and a question.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Quote from: bigbadbogie on May 07, 2009, 05:49:33 PM
Science makes sense, and religion doesn't.

Christianity does if you learn it.

Wow my karma went down. I feel persecuted, which is a good thing in christianity.
C l a v i n 1 2

Clavin12

God is A supernatural, omnipresent, omnipotent, omnipowerful, being. God is love, God is the word, God is REAL!
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods: