• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3pb4b games

Started by Red Spot, March 22, 2009, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Spot

Whats up with the constant 1.3pb4b games?

Is it released or is it only released to a certain few? No offence but seeing the lag issues in 4a and that the 4b games always have the lowest ping its kind of like "in your face". Feels a bit that the largest part of the pb4x users are left without something 'good' ....
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Commando

pb4b is in testing.  That is why you periodically see those games up.

Unfortunately it isn't getting as much testing as needed since 99% of the testers don't help out.

Steeveeo

Need more testers? *weink*

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

Only ones who can play and not mod atm.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Decided im gonna help test a lot more when i can. The RV for it can wait. I have scarce time to work on RV's or my mod as it is atm, may as well do something useful while i am around.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Spot

Quote from: Steeveeo on March 22, 2009, 03:32:17 PM
Need more testers? *weink*

Well as I've modded this game in pretty much every (v1.2)aspect and even did some coding I really wouldn't mind playing pb4b games and giving feedback on those games, if that's the type of testing you're interested in.

But where would I make apparent that I'm willing to lend a hand, there's nothing in the form of an 'apply here' topic/option that I know of....

VSMIT

We don't need more modders, we need more hardcore players, to find new issues.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Red Spot

Quote from: VSMIT on March 23, 2009, 12:22:52 PM
We don't need more modders, we need more hardcore players, to find new issues.

Quote from: Red Spot on March 23, 2009, 12:04:03 PM
Well as I've modded this game in pretty much every (v1.2)aspect and even did some coding I really wouldn't mind playing pb4b games and giving feedback on those games, if that's the type of testing you're interested in.
;)

Axeminister

Has Ultraken been informed of what is going on? Is he available? etc...
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Spot

Quote from: TheJamsh on March 23, 2009, 03:37:26 PM
Im not sure ultraken is even wanting to work on it anymore. After talking to GSH a while ago i found he had an unfortunate job turnaround with pandemic or whoever owns them now.

I doubt thats going to make him want to work on BZ2 much more, and with GSH's baby on the way i highly doubt any testers will be needed until/if GSH wants to or can work on it in future.

Would it than perhaps not be more usefull to just release pb4b and let GSH spend his time on being father. Than by the time he may be back he has a load of (usefull) feedback about the patch.
The "PB4A Bugs" thread it already dead anyway, and the issues reported are likelly known and for all we know perhaps even fixed.

I do at least hope there will be 'some' update in the near future, even if its just a word from the developer :), as pb4a is really starting to get on my nerves in respect to constantly lagging out, locking MPI-games at 3 players, and even IA-games crashing before you can finish them .....
(issues I didnt have, iirc, in pb3)

GSH

pb4b is not ready yet. It has more changes than the top 2-3 complaints about pb4a. Not going to announce them yet.

-- GSH

Red Spot

Message received ;)
Too bad, but I apreciate you took the time to reply GSH.

TheJamsh

Dont get used to it though :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

He is about to take a long, long holiday.... from which he will never fully return.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Spot

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 25, 2009, 05:08:50 PM
He is about to take a long, long holiday.... from which he will never fully return.

lol, a good reason not to take kids ... it means less time to play games :D
(ooh yes, I am an adult ... or am I ... ?)