• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Comm Stats - The Rules

Started by Sonic, April 09, 2009, 10:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

As discussed in General Discussion, this board is here to arrange events such as Battlezone II Multiplayer Games. When posting an event to the calendar, you will be brought to this board to post more details about the event. Currently, users with 30 posts or higher may post new topics/events here. There is also a special group that members can be placed in to allow them to post new events regardless of post count. All members are allowed to reply to any topic in here.

Some ground rules with this system:
1. All events have to be BZ or BZ2 related; don't post events such as your dog's birthday.
2. Keep in mind the calendar has little space to put in your title of your event, so make your event titles short and to the point. You can always elaborate in your post that the event will link to.
3. Be professional with events! I don't want to see titles with curse words or other nonsense. This stuff appears on the index page!
4. Don't bug me to be part of the special group that can post here. I'll assign a group moderator shortly, so go bug them. :P
5. PLEASE Remember we do not all live in the same timezone. When posting a time, be sure to include Timezone information. It may be best to post all events under GMT time. Example: Monday 8:45 PM GMT (Which for me is Monday 3:45 PM GMT -5:00)
6. A good template to use would be Steeveeos post. Try modeling after that when posting up game information.

So lets see how this goes.

"Sky Eye" Group Moderators:
Nielk1
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

Yay! Something else to spend 5 weeks on, trying to figure out how to use it.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Am I to assume from the
Quote from: Sonic on April 09, 2009, 10:27:08 PM
events such as Battlezone II Multiplayer Games.
that we are able to put significant mod releases and such on here, and not just multiplayer games?

Steeveeo

Sounds about like it.
* Steeveeo is debating whether or not to host an SRV server on Saturday...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AHadley

Hope it's at a reasonable time for us brits, I haven't played SRV in MP yet.

Steeveeo

Hmm... What time zone are ya in? I am in PST (GMT -8).

AHadley

GMT. There being the problem.

Don't know if I actually apologised for sending you that message at what turned out to be 3am... if i didn't, then i am very sorry, msn needs a time zone feature :lol:

Sonic

Yes, you can use the event system for posting major mod release dates. Although please use judgment on the level of importance of the event. Marking down a small bug fix release is not as important as marking down a long await SFMOD 0.7 release. Otherwise the calendar would be flooded with events. ;)

As for using this system, just click on Calendar on the top bar or click the calendar picture in the index. Select "New Event" on the bottom and fill out the information. Simple as Pie.

AHadley

Could we try to post times in one of these ways:

Saturday 09:50 PM GMT

Saturday 21:50 GMT

Posting in local time makes it rather confusing for GMT users who don't know which time zone everybody else is in, whilst everybody else knows their time zone relative to GMT.

Sonic

Isn't that what I said for rule five? Personally I prefer the AM/PM format but meh.

Steeveeo

AHadley

Yeah, you did, Sonic... missed that, sorry...  :oops:

Wraith

Darn i dont have 100 posts yet so i wont post when im going to host a game on my cable connection. Maybe?
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

squirrelof09

Maybe we should lower the required post count down a little bit? Just suggesting.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?