• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Forgotten Enemies (BZ2CP): Full Installer Released!

Started by Sonic, November 24, 2003, 06:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

After long wait, the bz2cp developers are proud to release the Forgotten Enemies Full Installer!  The Full Installer will install Forgotten Enemies to Rev.C in one download/install, so you are instantly ready to go and play!  The Full Installer install is totally compatible with the Part 1/2 Installs, so there is no asset problems.

To Download the full installer, go here:
http://www.bzscrap.com/downloads/Mods/BZ2CP/bz2cp_full.exe

Also, the SFP FE Page has been updated with the latest instructions if you care to look:
http://www.starfleetplatoon.com/bz2/fe.php

BZ2CP.com will be updated this week by Fishbone, so no need to worry about that.

Have fun!
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Aegeis

I can finally delete all those other downloads for this one simple one!  WOO HOO!

You'll be hearing from me if it messes up my MP!!!!   :D

aougli

Cool!  thanks.

I'll d/l it later today and try it out.

mirror for FE full installer (final version).

Red Devil

Damn, you guys are good.  Thanks!

Since this puppy's 263 megs, I'd recommend using a download manager like GetRight in case your connection dies for some reason or you want to download it in shifts.
What box???

RubiconAlpha

A big "thank you" to all involed with FE:BZ2CP and this single installer.

I hope to see even more FE games on-line again.

Great work guys.

BZZERKER

Red Devil

Checked this morning and it only downloaded 15.3 mb. Scratched head for a bit then realized I have the ZA Internet Lock kick in after an hour, so it killed it, so if you have it turned on, might want to disable it before you start the download.
What box???

ARH

Finally a quick way to install FE on multiple computers :).

Aegeis

FE 3 Way Ground 0 is messed up.  I didn't know you guys were gonna put my 3way mappack in the full installer.  Basically the edf force gets stuck trying to build an armory and they lay dormant doing nothing.  I made a fix for that map a while back and when I find it I'll post it on here in zip form for anyone wanting it.  Actually, lemme retest all those 3way maps and make sure ground 0 was the only broken one.

technoid

The Full-Installer's first bug patch, hehe.   It might be worth redoing the installer again once Aeg fixes the maps.  If so, just make sure it's called something else, like bz2cp_full_RevA for example.

Hmm, 263MB.  That'd probably take me ~15 hours on full 56k throttle.

Tempest Storm

Isn't there supposed to be an FE Full CD now for those 56kers?

Sonic

Quote from: {VnB}AegeisFE 3 Way Ground 0 is messed up.  I didn't know you guys were gonna put my 3way mappack in the full installer.  Basically the edf force gets stuck trying to build an armory and they lay dormant doing nothing.  I made a fix for that map a while back and when I find it I'll post it on here in zip form for anyone wanting it.  Actually, lemme retest all those 3way maps and make sure ground 0 was the only broken one.

I basicly slamed several map packs into the full installer for convienance.  I can update the full installer, takes about 10 minutes to compile it than using my school's connection when I'm over there I can upload the entire thing in 10 minutes also.

As for a patch, couldn't an updated map pack from Aegis be enough?  If you really wanted a patch, I can actually create a quick little patch, but it might be a bit confusing if it's just updating one map.

Red Devil

RMX pointed out on Timedisruptor that there is a Missions folder under the Movies folder.  Looks like it is created when FE Part One installs.  Looks like they are all duplicates of the ones in the regular Missions folder. Can the folder safely be removed?  If so, can it be removed from the full install and the part one install?
What box???

Sonic

Quote from: Red DevilRMX pointed out on Timedisruptor that there is a Missions folder under the Movies folder.  Looks like it is created when FE Part One installs.  Looks like they are all duplicates of the ones in the regular Missions folder. Can the folder safely be removed?  If so, can it be removed from the full install and the part one install?

That was installed when you installed BZ2 itself, you will have to ask GSH about that.

GSH

Someone botched the BZ2 installer. Well, another messup beyond using #()%)(*#%) DemoShield and making it have problems on some 2000/XP systems.

-- GSH