• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Forgotten Enemies (BZ2CP): Full Installer Released!

Started by Sonic, November 24, 2003, 06:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Thanks, you're right, Sonic. I have about 5 different installs on the same drive and clicked on the wrong folder. Oops.  Anyways, no biggy. Can I/we safely delete that puppy?

Thanks

And we all make misatkes, especially me.
What box???

GSH

BZ2 1.0/1.1 DLLs can't be read by 1.2/1.3 and vice versa. The official location for them is ${BZ2ROOT}\Missions\*.dll, where ${BZ2ROOT} is the folder that copy of BZ2 starts in. It should be safe to delete all the 1.0/1.1 missions not in that folder. [If you're paranoid, rename the folder first, run BZ2, and make sure things still work. Then delete.]

-- GSH

Red Devil

What box???

Sonic

Aegeis has given me the fix to his map and I uploaded it to:
http://www.bzscrap.com/maps/Battlezone%20II/3way/Fe3wayGround0.zip

I will have the full installer updated by Tomorrow so those who haven't DLed it yet will get the update.  The Full Installer that will be on a CD sometime soon will also have this fix.

Thanks again Aegeis!
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

deadscion

Also double check the multiplayer map listbox when you host a game. I found as many as 5 maps with duplication.

Sonic

Quote from: deadscionAlso double check the multiplayer map listbox when you host a game. I found as many as 5 maps with duplication.

Found the duplicates, updated the full installer for the 3rd time...

Fishbone

so is the fixed version now online?
if yes, I will start to assemble the FE CD :D

deadscion

Quote from: Fishboneso is the fixed version now online?

If you're ugly this rules out including your portrait on the CD.
It may never work. LOL

Fishbone

oh, we were actually considering adding our mugshots to FE. But not many people were ready to share how they look like. so we abandoned the idea.
so you are right, deadscion ;)

Red Devil

For the past week or so, I've been working on removing duplicates from a fresh install of 1.2 and RevC.

I culled out 514 duplicate files in 114 folders totaling 20.8mb. Finished getting it all cleaned up last night and tested it out in a hard 3 hour RevC MPI session.

(that RevC is aggressive!)
What box???

Sonic

Quote from: Fishboneso is the fixed version now online?

Yes, the bz2cp_full.exe on BZscrap is the up2date version.  Just be sure to flush your cache before you download it, wouldn't want you to grab the old install. ;)

FredNerk

Doh, not another update to the same filename.  I think the first time I downloaded the installer I got half and half of two different versions because I had to spread it over two days.  Tell me you're at least updating the internal versioning info... actually, don't worry too much about it.  I can't blame a community project for not having proper versioning/source control, I know I'd be too lazy to put it in unless somebody else started it.

gg on the mod, and putting it all together in a single installer.  I've noticed a few people flooding back to BZ2 since playing around with Savage - Battle of Newerth.

Red Devil

Hey Sonic, does the full install incorporate your install fix for 2K?  Pretty sure it does since it worked on my rig, but just curious.
What box???

Sonic

Win 2k Installer Fix?  That's a fix for the BZ2 Installer, not my installers.  All My Installers are Win 98 - 2003 Complient.