• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

New Hope For BZII ish gameplay

Started by Purplehaze, April 21, 2009, 06:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purplehaze

Although it might not grab the whole world
and i hope it does

Metal drift seems to be quite promising, Im not one to ruin anything, so ima just put a link.

It looks good, and people are mentioning that it seems close to bzII I have made a few comments on it noting that BZII is still alive and directing them to this site. Hopefully we will see an active community in both games form from here on out. I am hopeful to see another great hybrid rise

Metal Drift Mod Database Page (Metal Drift Moddb Page)

http://www.moddb.com/games/metal-drift

Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

AHadley

Zero Angel

It looks sort of like DM but without the flying. It also doesnt look like you can strafe, just slide around. Still it looks pretty cool. I do dig the slick anime style cockpits and craft.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Purplehaze

Not particulary AHadley, I ment this to be more of a informal comment because while im waiting for the game, I was planing on going about my business, mainly in the BZII community, Does it matter truley if they even bother to stop by and say hi? no
Just a form of saying, "if you waiting, We are to, Join us while you wait" or something along those lines
I was like a bear this morning, So it doesn't matter

Yes, This game's classical art is what grabbed me, I just thought it was quite the resemeblance and wanted to see what other BZII community players thought of it

wasd

AHadley

bigbadbogie

Looks more like that PSP version of Battlezone.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Spot

Makes me feel replying with: "Anyone up for a team-DM ?" :)

It does look a pretty nice, but I doubt I would like it even remotly as much as I do BZ2. As I see it BZ2 has this game in it, and much much more. If it would have something extra like you need to reach certain objectives(things that you see in many FPSs) it might perhaps be interesting. Without it I doubt it can even hold its ground vs the most basic of FPSs, it doesnt make it a beter game for me cause you drive a vehicle, I'll play Battlefield 1942, Halo or [...] for that ....
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Purplehaze

Eh, that's your opinion, But I just saw it and thought it to be of resmeblance

wasd

Red Spot

Quote from: Purplehaze on April 22, 2009, 06:14:31 AM
Eh, that's your opinion, But I just saw it and thought it to be of resemblance

Well didn't you create this topic to make us aware and discuss the game? Or was it just to make us aware of the possible release of this game, but never to discuss it?
Cause if it wasn't to discuss than please ignore my previous reply, else you can read my opinion there ... ;)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

OvermindDL1

Looks like Unreal.

And it is not BZ(2)ish, no building.  That is my main like in BZ(2) is the building, even if it did not have hovertanks, I love building.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Purplehaze

I was simply happy by the small resemeblance, was no one elese here?

Either way

It's not Unreal Engine
it's the newest Troque Engine

wasd

TheJamsh

prefer unreal engine :P

im in love with it at the moment.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley