• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TA5 Bugs or Issues (Someone had to start it)

Started by Commando, April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

Post any bugs you run into while on TA5 or any issues you encounter while running TA5 here.

Red Spot

Quote from: Commando on April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM
(Someone had to start it)

It wasnt me ....  :roll:

When in the loginscreen the first slot has no 'empty' in it and when I use it I get the following result:
http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/ta5%20login.jpg

It also allowed me to login without entering any login.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

GSH

Red spot- did you patch a clean install, or did you install ta5 over a previous BZ2 install?

-- GSH

Commando

Red Spot

Quote from: GSH on April 24, 2009, 07:48:48 PM
Red spot- did you patch a clean install, or did you install ta5 over a previous BZ2 install?

It was a 1.2 install that had some FE and G66 assets in them. The G66 assets gave a number of dublicate file errors so I removed everything I could find from FE and G66. (I've been using this install for bp I've had installed.)

I will install BZ2 from the disk tomorrow and let you know it is the same.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Commando on April 24, 2009, 07:49:03 PM
It doesn't do that for me Red Spot.

You have to type (spacebar) and press enter so that your name is just a (spacebar).

Then click the name and press backspace to remove the (spacebar) and then press enter again. You should have an empty name.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Wraith

When i try to install it it says its not a valid Win32 application? Windows XP Pro sp2. I tried downloading it with ie and ff but same result....
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Red Devil

I get that when the download is corrupted.  Keep trying.
What box???

sabrebattletank

Red Spot -- I also had some a fun pilot right after installing. I only had one -- down from my usual three or four -- who was named what seemed to me random characters. Probably got corrupted somewhere. I just created a new pilot and everything was fine. Mine wasn't a fresh install, so that really doesn't matter.

Also -- I got lagged when I entered the Com Bunker view. Game froze.

What else -- on joining my first time, I was running directly from a USB drive, and the game said I was alt-tabbed and I was kicked upon trying to enter a MP game.

That's about all the negative stuff I have for ya, and most of it seems to be related to my personal install.

cheesepuffly

Yeah uh me and N1 and a couple of different unimportant people were playing MPI and i had a group of mortar bikes, when N1 had them attack a mega tower, they attacked fine and destroyed it. I had then attack a mini tower, they basically barely attacked one at a time. The rest that weren't attacking still stayed in range of the mini tower so we barely scratched it.

Is that a bug from that or what?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

GSH

Wraith wrote:
When i try to install it it says its not a valid Win32 application? Windows XP Pro sp2. I tried downloading it with ie and ff but same result....

If you right-click on the exe and get properties, what does it say for size? It should say 92,211,200 bytes for the size field. (Ignore size on disk; that varies with the way your drives are formatted.) You may want to try using a download manager, not sure.

-- GSH

Steeveeo

Um, not quite a TA5 thing, but close.

From the download page
Over 50 additional Instant Action & Multiplayer maps by several mappakers within the BZ2 community, and tweaks to some existing maps to reduce bugs. As of 1.3TechAlpha5, there are 20 classic & additional IA maps, and over 100 classic & additional MP maps installed.

Heh, mappakers. :P

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Steeveeo

Ok, finally got it installed....and I cannot say I am surprised about my luck...

HUD and Shell are totally screwed up, and I have no access to the Full Shadows option. Images of the former below.

Resolution: 1280x1024, Full screen
Everything I can, set to full.
I can provide a copy of my tweaked render.cfg and localprefs.ini files upon request.

I install TA5 over my pb4a install, because I dont have my BZ2 CD with me, everything appears alright during setup, I immediately go to tweaking the render and localprefs files.

I load up, all appears well, I go to the Graphics tab, wow at the options, and set everything I can to full and resolution to 1280x1024, my normal res. I also wonder why I only have None and Low for shadow options but decide not to fiddle with it too much.

I load up a game, and see this:

I jump, wonder wtf happened, change my resolution to 1024x768, restart, same thing, change back to 1280x1024, same, alt tab out and back, most of the HUD goes back into place but the status bars are still in the middle of the screen but smaller.

Also note the clipping of the recy's spotlights, they just kinda end; and my scout's lights fade in and out as I move, kind of ugly.

I exit to menu, and see this:

For some reason my cfgs decided to screw themselves over, and I am searching for the reason but cannot see it. I had triplebuffering on, but turned it off, same effect. I turned Ani filtering down, same.

Please note that I did not delete my pilot files, and am about to test to see if using my pb4a pilot files corrupted anything, so if this fixes it, we shall see what NOT to do.

EDIT: Nope, pilot files aren't the cause...
Trying a driver update.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

That is the single weirdest thing I have ever seen in this game!!!

And the lights had to be changed a lot for DX9.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Feared_1

Well... at least you can keep an eye on your health and ammo better :-D

What happens when you change views or turn off the cockpit? Sometimes (even in 1.2) the cockpit will do funny things for me.