• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TA5 Bugs or Issues (Someone had to start it)

Started by Commando, April 24, 2009, 07:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Driver update fixed it, but the spotlights are still messed up, messing around with render.cfg and localprefs, I think i saw some settings in there.

The spotlights appear on the ground to be squares instead of a gradient cone; when I zoom out its more apparent.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Commando

Yeah, spotlights don't work correctly.  I wouldn't count on them getting corrected since GSH had tried putting a lot of work into them to get them in the shape they are in now.  I just disable headlights.

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

I can't because they still cause ridiculous lag.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Actually, scratch that.

Im not seeing any blockyness. But maybe thats because i chose an ATI card over an nVidia.

Trust me steeveeo, be glad they are as good as they are right now. Before we went back to spotlights we tried to use omnilights. Now THAT looked awful.

VoodooChile

QuoteWraith wrote:
When i try to install it it says its not a valid Win32 application? Windows XP Pro sp2. I tried downloading it with ie and ff but same result....

If you right-click on the exe and get properties, what does it say for size? It should say 92,211,200 bytes for the size field. (Ignore size on disk; that varies with the way your drives are formatted.) You may want to try using a download manager, not sure.

-- GSH

i have the same thing, downloaded it 2x now..:(
i also have xp

looking forward to some gg's :)

edit:3rd time worked :)

VoodooChile

i also have the headlights thingy, i got a nvidia geforce 7900 GS.

also, in previous versions there was this option called plll optimization, it would make colors on buildings and ships look less bright and way better.
it has been taken out?
has it been replaced by a other option?
i realy dislike those bright colors.

Commando

You can edit the team colors in gameprefs.ini.

Red Spot

GSH, I've installed 1.3ta5 on a fresh install of BZ2 and the same happens as before.

Starting up BZ2-1.3ta5 without any users:
http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/Fresh%20BZ2---1.3ta5%20on%20first%20load.jpg

Using the first login slot I created a login which got bumped to the second slot, like:
http://members.ziggo.nl/red_spot/Fresh%20BZ2---1.3ta5%20logging%20in.jpg

I do now have a pilot_0.dat and pilot_1.dat file in my pilots folder, both 9kb.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

sabrebattletank

Red Spot -- that's exactly the same thing that happened to me.

TheJamsh

VoodooChile, be sure to copy the teamcolor data from gameprefs.ini to localprefs.

Otherwise, you will get bad assets when trying to join another game. its really easy to do and you can make team colors look great. i liked nielk1's green he had.

TheJamsh

Thought we'd fixed this: Map is GH: Dropzone. Lights are currently on all. the colours only work correctly if lights are set to NONE.

EDIT: just noticed this as soon as i went back into the game. effects are going all over the place!

Commando

TJ, I edited my gameprefs file without getting any bad assets.

Wraith

Quote from: GSH on April 24, 2009, 10:07:41 PM
Wraith wrote:
If you right-click on the exe and get properties, what does it say for size? It should say 92,211,200 bytes for the size field. (Ignore size on disk; that varies with the way your drives are formatted.) You may want to try using a download manager, not sure.

-- GSH

It said what you put but i did try saving the file download over a previous download of the patch and that seemed to work.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem