• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Known Issues

Started by Red Devil, April 25, 2009, 09:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Should have posted this at the outset.  I'll add to the list as I wake up...

1. Spotlights - They're really expensive in DX9, so copy this section out of GamePrefs.ini into LocalPrefs.ini and tweak the setting downwards until it works okay on your rig:

// Spotlights are the most expensive light, according to DX9 docs.
// So, an extra cull is put on them. If (range of spotlight +
// SpotlightRangePad) < (2D distance between object being lit and the
// spotlight), then a spotlight will be considered for lighting that
// object.  If this value is too small, then corners of a boxy object
// may not be accurately lit. If this value is too big, then
// performance may suffer as DX9 is told to apply too many lights to
// an object. Pick your poison.
SpotlightRangePad = 8

What box???

Steeveeo

I have mine set to 64, it reduces the blockiness of the ground lighting by a bunch, but not totally eliminated.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

AHadley

I take it this is just spotlights like on the Service Bay, not the Recycler's headlamps?

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Good, the lights on that recycler are beginning to annoy me.

Red Devil

Options/Graphics/No Headlights
What box???

AHadley

Yes, but that turns them off. It's petty, but I like lights on.

TheJamsh

2. Lighting Types.

A few changes had to be made during the move to DX9, and while GSH and the beta team did what they could to iron anything out, not everything could be fixed. Bio-Metal pools now blend in with terrain via an ODF flag, which should be set to 'lightingType = 1'.

Unfortunately, this doesn't fix ALL objects. You will notice for example, that any missions/maps based inside CORE must be played with lights set to 'None' in the graphics options menu. Changing the lightingType in the ODF does not fix it (i have already tried :P).

Issues may also apply to other objects that do not blend with their surrounding terrain fully. I am working through as many as i can to fix them with the lightingType flag, but some are un-fixable unless modellers/mappers want to change some things around!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Dark Scion Soldier

Sometimes certain parts of buildings turn white when Lights are set to none.

EDIT: This is similar to TheJamsh post. 
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

TheJamsh

3. 'Computer' classlabel

This object class is now proven to be broken. Its not widely used, but essentially allows you to scroll a texture across the surface of a building or whatever you want. The texture scrolling no longer works. This has been noted and tested.

ScarleTomato

while yall are going on about lights has anyone noticed a change in the guntower plasma? Its not quite as green as it used to be for me.

anyone know a way i can fix this?

my first guess is that its merging the light texture with the sky color. I'm on chill so its going to be a light purplish color

edit: yeah i think thats what its doing
heres what it looks like on canyons with a blue sky

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

I think it looks quite cool.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Its annoying, but for some reason, lights are inheriting the ambient colour of maps.

This seems true only to white lights that i can see, but i might be wrong on that (cant remember what colour the plasma light is). you can see it on the recycler as well actually.

That was the reason that the beta team removed lights from plasma, but we forgot to check the different guntower plasmas. Ive put in a fix to the TA5 e-pack that has the lights removed. bloody annoying nonetheless.