• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Known Issues

Started by Red Devil, April 25, 2009, 09:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Quotecant remember what colour the plasma light is

GREEN!!! The most unforgettable colour in the world!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on June 05, 2009, 04:20:16 AM
That was the reason that the beta team removed lights from plasma, but we forgot to check the different guntower plasmas. Ive put in a fix to the TA5 e-pack that has the lights removed. bloody annoying nonetheless.

It was removed because of the massive lag induced by so many DX9 lights.

Click on the image...

King Gladiator

not sure if it already has been posted but replacement recyclers dont have the green scrap bar and wont allow you to build extra units like smart trucks and utility constructors. im not sure if this was mad purposely or not but it sets up a stock unit recyclers.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Nielk1

Quote from: King Gladiator on June 26, 2009, 09:35:33 PM
not sure if it already has been posted but replacement recyclers dont have the green scrap bar and wont allow you to build extra units like smart trucks and utility constructors. im not sure if this was mad purposely or not but it sets up a stock unit recyclers.

They are replacements for a reason. The Scions lets you build 2 movable silo units and the ISDF lets you "add lung" two silos on to get your 40, but as it is, it is a replacement, you don't deserve full rec options if you are using it.

Click on the image...

King Gladiator

ah. i see. it just bugged me when i blew up my recycler to make a forward base with the replacement since you cant build buildings around the relay bunker then i realized i cut out my utility constructor.
The only thing that is necessary for evil to succeed is that men of good will do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

(AK)Sabre

What aggravates me most is that there's a unit-responsiveness delay between the time a unit comes out of the factory/recycler and the time that it reaches it's drop-off point.

For example:  A unit has just finished.  I select it and change it over to my other group of units. A second later it ungroups and goes back to being the single unit in its own group that it was in when it was first built.

The same principle applies when you give a unit an order.  If an order is given during this delay time, the unit will respond audibly, but won't actually do anything.  You have to go back and tell it your order again after the drop-off delay.

This is particularly frustrating at the very beginning of a match, when early scavenger placement is key.  I've found myself telling a scavenger to go to a scrap pool the moment it's been completed, then I'll go back to my base later on to find out that it's still sitting there - having completely forgotten about the drop-off delay.

VSMIT

If you've got the timing right, you don't have to give the order a second time.  There's a point where commands don't work, but after that (and before the unit reaches the drop off point) you can give commands and have them follow them.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

I think that has something to do with being sure the order goes though multiworld.

Click on the image...

(AK)Sabre

Quote from: VSMIT on July 07, 2009, 12:49:11 PM
If you've got the timing right, you don't have to give the order a second time.  There's a point where commands don't work, but after that (and before the unit reaches the drop off point) you can give commands and have them follow them.

I realize this, but I just thought I'd bring it to attention anyways, just in case it's been overlooked.  Gameplay has priority over graphics, in my opinion.

VSMIT

Yes, but when graphics break and gameplay is compromised, which is more important, hmmm?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

Youre ordering problems are due to multiworld... the same thing happens if you start up an instant action mission and use the console to start multiworld.

Im not overly sure what MW is, but i know its needed to make MP games smooth and its NOT going anywhere. Something you just have to deal with, and its not going to be fixable. Its just BZ2 telling everyone else theres a new unit in the game.

If you select units fast enough after they've been built, you will notice that the command menu turns off by itself. Its because not everyone's game knows theres a new unit there yet.

'Nuf said.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Spot

Quote from: (AK)Sabre on July 07, 2009, 12:37:27 PM
This is particularly frustrating at the very beginning of a match, when early scavenger placement is key.  I've found myself telling a scavenger to go to a scrap pool the moment it's been completed, then I'll go back to my base later on to find out that it's still sitting there - having completely forgotten about the drop-off delay.

Set your recy-dropoff in the direction you want your early scavs to go. I always set the dropoff some distance from the producer as it:
-Prevents units getting stuck in/between each other right in front of the producer*
-Removes the need to give an order to new units right after leaving the producer

* Also makes it less likelly that for instance your scavs get stuck in/on the recycler itself, as you can easilly 'make happen' with scavengers. (You can actually make your maps have a "dropoff_recy_1"("dropoff_recy_2", etc) pathpoint so you dont have to be bothered to change it right after deploying a recy, at which point you might be out in the field 'nav-ing' pools.)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

GSH

Actually, I think the recy/factory dropoff code might be at fault. I think that 1.0/1.1 weren't affected by this. But, 1.2 and up all have this issue.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

Yeah. I think when you give something an order, while it's en route to the dropoff, like within 5 seconds of it being created, it clears its orders when it reaches it. I.E. wait like 5 seconds before giving something an order.

I know this from sending units to a player As SOON as they're created, and then 3 seconds later they'll re appear on my control, when they reach their dropoff.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

Quote from: GSH on July 08, 2009, 11:02:35 AM
Actually, I think the recy/factory dropoff code might be at fault. I think that 1.0/1.1 weren't affected by this. But, 1.2 and up all have this issue.

-- GSH
It could possibly be. However i've noticed that when exchanging ships with an AI pilot -- if I jump out of my ship and immediately order it to pick me up (within 1 or 2 seconds), the AI pilot will not jump out of his ship and I have to reissue the order.

I don't know if that is related or not -- it does happen in 1.2 as well.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression