• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone 3 - what are we waiting for?

Started by RAVEgun, April 27, 2009, 09:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

TBH, i really like the BZ2 engine. if you work hard enough you can achieve most of whats done today anyway.

Its a shame theres not much support for aircraft and space-bound maps. Even underwater ones for that matter, but it is do-able. Id love to see BZ2 re-made in the unreal III engine. My recent obsession with Gears of War 2 brought that on...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Dx

I think with the right support, parts of Bz, Bz2 ported to Ogre and toss in raknet and you'll have a Bz3.

Nielk1

BZ3, in my view, would be best of an all encompassing game like that.

Click on the image...

appel

Purplehaze

Yeah, Cept the sabre isn't all twitchy texure, i'd go for any update, really.
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

cheesepuffly

Just do something like FE.

Make say BZ2 v2.0
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Nielk1

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

with modern engines BZ2 could become an absolutely incredible game.

Personally, i think BZ3 would just be an 'engine', rather than encompassing a storyline of some sort. Mods could be known as chapters seeing as we have pretty much invented our own storyline between us all.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

FE both chronologically and in release time.

FE comes almost straight after the original campaign, FS takes place nearly 20 years after it.

AHadley

Actually, I beleive there are three years until FE. Not certain, though.

xSSx Grizzly

I would dearly love to see a BZ2 so much, but I can't see it ever happening tbh  :cry:

AHadley

It already has, but I take it you mean BZ3 :P

Nielk1

Anyone know what year the stock campaign ENDS. I know it starts around 1999.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

it does? how'd you find that out?

i guess it depends which one you follow... maybe theres something on you're wiki in the 'leading up to FE' written material