• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

TheJamsh' TA5 Enhancement Pack Preview

Started by TheJamsh, May 03, 2009, 05:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Some may be aware i'm working on an add-on/enhancement pack for TA5. It will include the following:

- Hundreds of Campaign & Asset Fixes
- Many New Maps
- Two New Recycler Variants With AIP Support For CPU
- New AIP Set, Level 6 - "Merciless" Inclusion TBC
- Shell Improvements (See Extra Options In-Game, Set Up CPU Recycler Variants, More Dynamic Escape Menu) (Thanks to Red Devil)
- Map Fixes For Pathing Issues (Thanks To MrTwoSheds)
- New Multiplayer Mode, Dogfight, Introducing air-bound fast-paced deathmatch style dogfighting.
- Team Color Enhancement (Thanks To Zero Angel, AHadley & Nielk1)
- Race Mode To Be Fixed & Expanded.
- Extra Music Tracks From BZ1 & TRO (Thanks To AHadley)

Below are a couple of screenshots. They are using my team colours for the moment, and show some of the work so far. Note this is a WIP, and therefore contents of the package are subject to change.

Please Note: This is not an official add-on pack, and in esscence, is simply an enhancement modification. Do NOT complain to the 1.3 development team if issues arise when using this add-on pack. Especially GSH & Ken, or i will slappeh ure fehcc.

Send Useful Items To Damaged Ships/Stranded Personel In The Field

Enjoy The Graphical Improvement That The Team Color Enhancement Offers

Enhanced Shell Makes Playing And Setting Up Much Easier

Introducing My Own "Merciless" AIP Set, That Will Keep You On Youre Toes!

Enjoy Gruelling Bitter Dogfights Against the CPU Or You're Online Buddies. Have You Got What It Takes To Fight Like This?

Package contents subject to change

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

It'd be nice to finally have some online Aircraft battles...

And I spy a speeda bike... A very badly textured one...  :-P
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Its the original minus pilot. (pilot actually realistically hops out now when its un-piloted). Cant beat a bit of speeder racing :P

Nielk1

Hey Jamsh. Interested in combination with MRVP and its subsidiaries?

Click on the image...

AHadley

Speeder bikes are by far the fastest vehicles in the game now, and can easily outrun a scout or even a mortar bike. Placing about thirty in the editor and swarming the enemy is real good fun, too :evil:

Jamsh, I see you're using some new texture fixes I haven't got. How did you get hold of them?

EDIT: You forgot to mention the new soundtracks.

TheJamsh

I sure am NK :P

Almost anything can go in with it, so long as theres no stock asset clashes or overides (I know SRV for pb4a overidded some effect textures for example). Obviously, that excludes the shell changes (because of improvements that have been made, and of course MRVP needs some shell stuff as well). So long as its possible to play the stock game without any problems, the way it was intended to be played then we are all set :P.

Just want any assets fixed as well.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: AHadley on May 04, 2009, 03:47:17 AM
Speeder bikes are by far the fastest vehicles in the game now, and can easily outrun a scout or even a mortar bike. Placing about thirty in the editor and swarming the enemy is real good fun, too :evil:

Aren't they supposed to be slow though?

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Red Spot

Are you working on racemode yourself now? I was just about to start looking into it but I rather have all info you might have come up with if you worked on it yourself already ... just preventing that I'm going to do what you already did and waste too much time on it ...

Also about that enhanced shell, should that allow you to change settings mid-game? As I dont think the .dll will swallow that ....
(certain settings are taken from the shell directly after the start of the game and are not read in any more if you change them later on afaik)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

wouldnt be much of a speeder bike if it couldnt go at high speed lol. Nielk1's word to describe it in a test game a while ago was 'EPIC!'

The enhanced shell doesnt allow you to change settings, only look at them. The .dll only reads them as its loading up anyhow so its all good. I havent actually fixed race mode yet, but if i cant i can always get someone to look into it. It might be as simple a thing as an asset change/revert. Not entirely sure yet...

I actually wanted to improve race mode some, by making the checkpoints use effects only (a draw_twirl effect that draws a massive semi-circle on the ground). The effect is easy to do, the hard part is getting the .dll to work with it. Essentially, the .dll would place the checkpoint effect emitters or make them active for the correct player, so as one player cannot see another players checkpoint. That system would be far better than the one we use now, you can cheat to much. Trouble is C++ is beyond me and i dont even know if this system is possible.

EDIT: found an image that sort of shows what i mean. Imagine this but much wider and like a semi-circle.

I would probably put the speeder in the race mode list as well, so you can have speeder racing :P. Going to work on race mode some i think. Hey NK1? how about using youre ISDF ATV as a quad racer :P

bigbadbogie

Quote from: TheJamsh on May 04, 2009, 05:43:26 AM
wouldnt be much of a speeder bike if it couldnt go at high speed lol. Nielk1's word to describe it in a test game a while ago was 'EPIC!'

They were damn slow in FE though...

And I don't think you can make it so that checkpoints only show up for one player. You used to be able to in 1.2 because enemy Navs were invisible.

My BZ2 mods:

TheJamsh

You know what the speeder bike is missing? A flame mesh... needs turbo thrusters...

Could always make a couple of versions... AHadley is forgetting that actually the supa fighter is the fastest vehicle in the game now :P. Racing that would be... a challenge...

BBB you know you can grab all this on the private board right? still in beta though...

AHadley

Your supa fighter is rediculously fast, even you keep crashing into stuff and you invented the bloody thing! I think you need to slow that down a bit, mate.

TheJamsh

i never crash in it lol... honestly dont know why people find it hard to fly.

Nielk1

I wish to talk to you about these tracks then. I want to be sure they are legal.

Click on the image...