• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

G66 2.0

Started by Red Devil, May 15, 2009, 01:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

G66 2.0 will be released soon.

For those of you who do not know about G66, G66 was made by Natty Bumppo, one of the very best BZ2 Modders ever, if not the best.

Features:

Four Difficulty Levels
Earthquakes
Volcanoes
Geysers
Mine Fields
Patrols
Subversion
AI Weapon Upgrades
Siege Tanks
Skill Progression
Pumas
Light Walkers
Rogue Attacks
Advanced Weapons
Gorgons
Mortar Pods

...and other assorted evil...

I have had the honor of working on G66 for the past few months and it has been very humbling.  Most of what modders are doing now was already done almost 10 years ago - but Natty went one (huge) step further and wrapped it in a magnificent DLL programmed in C++.

Just so you know - you will die.
What box???

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Red Devil on May 15, 2009, 01:50:51 AM
G66 2.0 will be released soon.

For those of you who do not know about G66, G66 was made by Natty Bumppo, one of the very best BZ2 Modders ever, if not the best.

What is so special about it?

Quote from: Red Devil on May 15, 2009, 01:50:51 AM
Most of what modders are doing now was already done almost 10 years ago

Lol... ya think?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Spot

Cool :) I'm interested to see what you made of it.

One thing though, perhaps post about it in the ta5 forum as well (when it is released). I think people will see it there before they will notice you posted here.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

TheJamsh

You wouldnt really see the genius behind it until you look at his .dll and stuff. thats where natty really shows his talent so im told.

I has tested it and it is very hard. Hes workin on making it harder :lol:

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I'm looking forward to this very much, I loved G66, though I ended up abandoning it once the newer patches came out.

Who do I contact to ask if I can use assets?

Nielk1

Are you adding the {420} map pack STRAT maps? I know it was mentioned but I don't recall if they were put in. It was warned they could make ppl think G66 was a ST mod not an MPI one.

On IRC I saw you mention the Gorb Tank. What other G66 1.2 units will be returning for this version? The Hunter? The Scorpion?

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Didn't know about the {420} maps.  Scanned/found/added them.

Yes, N1; I also unearthed the Ghoul and the Destroyer.
What box???

Nielk1

Well those technically were map goodies. G66 Insane Rec HOOOO!

Click on the image...

xSSx Grizzly

Any idea of a specific date??

bigbadbogie

Is anybody gonna tell me what is so special about G66?

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Warfreak

:-o *Many Smites to BBB later*

G66 is the mod which DEFINED Evil.

It is an MPI mod which redid how the AI reacted in such a way that the AIPS were basically only running the base construction and very basic attack pairings. All other Enemy spawning, positioning and ordering is done by the DLL and does so in such a way that it has a retaliation for every action. (Even sneezing)

It also introduced things like Adv.Pgens, "Mind Control" (the Subversion Ray), Gorgons, the REiteration of the Furies, a crapload of AWESOME weapons, and of course other custom vehicles (Usually map exclusive)

Essentially, it brings 10x the SP/IA evil from mods like FS and FE into the online frontier.

bigbadbogie

Thankyou!!

I have never played it before though.

I have only ever heard references to it... remember that I am 90% SP campaigner/modder and rarely ever do anything multiplayer.

My BZ2 mods:

Axeminister

Well I for one love the G66 mappacks. It's the main reason I got onto bzuniverse in the first place. Waiting for new builds from Natty Bumppo.  BBB, you need to join me in a game sometime, especially after Red Devil is finished with this version. I host some form of G66 mpi almost everyday.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

Yeh its fantastic stuff. I loved it back in the day when i first got it. its HARD

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

I posted a G66 2.0 ALPHA zip in the private board for 5.1. 

Please test, give feedback, etc.
What box???