• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZ2 1.3+ Teamcolor editor

Started by OvermindDL1, May 22, 2009, 03:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

AHadley

Steeveeo

Might I suggest having an image of a sabre and warrior together showing the teamcolors of the last edited line, or at least some kind of unit preview?

Might come in handy to see exactly how it would show up in game, similar to ODLWinter, but it doesn't have to be 3D (extra credit if it is! :P)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

CivBase

Team 0 is really Team 1... right?

And do I just save this to the root folder?

Steeveeo

No, Team 0 is Team 0, i.e. "No team" (grey on radar)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

OvermindDL1

So no bugs found?

This is a first version thing so I expect some sort of bugs, especially with how complicated the code is in some areas relating to file loading/saving. :P

And I could show a preview, but unless I know the exact way BZ2 draws colors, it will be off, as well as the fact that the preview window surrounded by your desktop will give another 'feel' to the colors that would be unlike the game.  Best to check inside the game itself, but I could add a preview if really wanted.

And yes, Team 0 is the neutral team, as Steeveeo said, the ones that are gray on the radar.

And save this anywhere, nothing special about it.  It does require the VS2k5SP1 runtimes, but since BZ21.3 installs those for you, you have everything you need, just run this from anywhere.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

CivBase

Wait... so I save it... and then I just run it and it opens the game for me?  I'm confused...

Warfreak

This program makes putting the RGB(A) values for Teamcolor much simpler. Open your localprefs.ini, make your color changes, save, run BZ2.

CivBase

Oooooooooooh..... I get it now.

Sorry, I'm helpless without someone holding my hand the whole way through.

OvermindDL1

Heh, you have plenty of help here as always.  :)

So no bugs?  No random deletion of large chunks or even single characters of a file or anything?  Is it good?

AHadley

A bug with the download, it hangs on 'starting'... Any chance somebody could send me this some other way? :(

OvermindDL1

I see no issue with the download, and it has been downloaded by 37 others.  What browser are you using?

AHadley

Firefox, most likely same as most other downloaders.

OvermindDL1

Works fine here, and I know most others that downloaded it are using that as well.  Try again?

AHadley

Got an idea, I'll try it on my laptop :)