• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Reverse Scriptor version 1.1

Started by BS-er, May 26, 2009, 12:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS-er

I've made some changes to the Reverse Scriptor:

It reverse-scripts DLLs created with DLL Scriptor 1.7.

An object array is created if it detects object slots that aren't directly referenced, following a referenced object.  For example:
Object21 <13>
In this case, there were 12 object slots that were not directly referenced by any instructions, following Object21, resulting in a total array of 13 objects.

It should be ok to convert an array to a single object reference (by removing the <#> portion), if it is never actually treated like an array (via GetByIndex or SetByIndex).

the link is the same: http://www.orderlymayhem.com/downloads/rev_scriptor.zip.

bigbadbogie

Wow!!

You didn't need to do this man... but thanks a heap!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

BS-er

Well, General BlackDragon needed to reverse a 1.7 DLL.  It wasn't a lot of work to make it 1.7-compatible, and it makes sense to have it compatible with the latest (and maybe last) Scriptor version.

bigbadbogie

Quote(and maybe last) Scriptor version

NO!! THIS CANNOT BE!!!  :cry:

Maybe after M.A.D is all finished and you have free time again, (and of course, if any modders are still around and you wanted to), could you possibly update the scriptor then for the latest 1.3 patch? There must be many new dll commands that the scriptor doesn't recognise yet...

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

General BlackDragon

I'm fairly sure there are some... :|

*****General BlackDragon*****

BS-er

1.7 does have some 1.3 features.  I don't know if more have been added since then.  I would be open to adding support for additional 1.3 operations if the need arises.

bigbadbogie

And also, I don't know whether this is a bug or intentional but if I have an aircraft class unit and give it an infinite looping animation with:

SetAnimation,Aircraft1,"fly",0
StartAnimation,Aircraft1

The unit seems to fly rapidly up into the sky and can't come down... but without the animation it stays at it's intended height...

This is really odd and has been bugging me since QF1 development. It could be a 1.3 thing... but I really can't tell.

My BZ2 mods:

OvermindDL1

We did the same thing for Dune Command (using C++ though, but should have the same effect).

Are you sure your center positions and model and properly aligned and so forth, and not barely offset up/down?

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

bigbadbogie

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on May 30, 2009, 09:53:06 PM
Are you sure your center positions and model and properly aligned and so forth, and not barely offset up/down?

Positive. The pivot is centred exactly.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

All key frames need position keys, if you have just rotations sometimes it reverts to a strange location.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

This isn't the animation... the actual object moves up.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

Click on the image...

BNG Da BZ Fool

Is there a download link for the reverse scriptor?
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

Red Devil

What box???

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****