• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Has anyone made the Black Dog Grizzy from the Red Odyssey Intro movie?

Started by Dx, June 26, 2009, 10:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHadley

Since BZC is for BZ2 1.3, all the problems you've mentioned above are irrelevant except the balance, which is a good question.

Nobody mention BZE :P

General BlackDragon

All the tanks that can cloak in RO would be able to in BZC:TRO. There are options though, such as if you choose my recycler varient with "goodies", the command can paint all targets, even cloaked ones. Plus there's time enough for things to react, but if you know your fighting chinese, you should be able to build your base to repel such attacks.

That, and host can always control wich vehicles and races can be used in a game. Because, you know, BZ2 is better like that :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

Dx

Quote from: AHadley on July 02, 2009, 08:44:43 AM
Since BZC is for BZ2 1.3, all the problems you've mentioned above are irrelevant except the balance, which is a good question.

Nobody mention BZE :P

My thread and Avatars battlezone forum i'll speak about what ever i like, i don't know what your problem is...

AHadley

Woah, hold on a second!

The ':P' is an indication of either sarcasm, joking, or a tongue-in-cheek coment. I simply said that because arguments tend to spring up around here with BZE, BZC and BZ. Don't draw any more conclusions from that 'cause that's all it was.

And it's not Avatar's BZ Forum, it belongs to all of us and we all have equal right to post here and say what we like. Av is just a mod. :)

Sorry if that sounded a little snappy, I'm not in a good mood today.

Dx

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Dx

AHadley

Am I missing something here? Last time I checked Av was one of the BZ Supreme Council, he writes the storyline... did he get promoted?

The CRA I have are all as true to TRO as possible.  Only the Mongo (Golem) can't cloak as the BZ2 version is tied into morphing, which walkers can't do.   So Strat should be very close to TRO strat, which was a real cluster...   I decloaked four Mongos inside Mower's base one of the few times we messed with TRO strat and it was pretty ugly...

For BZ2 I envision a 'cloak jammer' available as a Recy variant for TRO MP play, but given how the 1.3 cloak works I'm not sure how I'd do it...

-Av-

Nielk1

Quote from: Avatar on July 05, 2009, 04:09:14 PM
The CRA I have are all as true to TRO as possible.  Only the Mongo (Golem) can't cloak as the BZ2 version is tied into morphing, which walkers can't do.   So Strat should be very close to TRO strat, which was a real cluster...   I decloaked four Mongos inside Mower's base one of the few times we messed with TRO strat and it was pretty ugly...

For BZ2 I envision a 'cloak jammer' available as a Recy variant for TRO MP play, but given how the 1.3 cloak works I'm not sure how I'd do it...

-Av-

DLL.

Track all items that cloak (not hard in C++) and if they are deployed near the jammer undeploy them.

Click on the image...

General BlackDragon

hmm...my sensor would be good, and/or dll telling units near x to go to combat mode

n1 beat me to it

*****General BlackDragon*****

Well, after some experimenting with just that sort of thing I didn't want to get into a fight between the DLL telling things to Decloak and the Player telling them to cloak.  Might really confuse the AI, and who knows what it would do to Multiworld play...

Lately I'm thinking more along the lines of just beaconing any cloaked enemy units when they got near the jammer, and possibly resetting their 'pteam' (perceived team) back to an enemy.  This would be more passive, rather than actively messing with the units, and still let your AI attack them as needed.

-Av-

Nielk1

That was going to be my other idea. Objectify anything cloaked near a detector, but only cloaked things. Label them as 'Disturbance' or 'Cloaked'.

Click on the image...

Dx

Bz doesn't have a jammer, so you are changing things. I thought you was going for as close to original as possible?

AHadley