• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Has anyone made the Black Dog Grizzy from the Red Odyssey Intro movie?

Started by Dx, June 26, 2009, 10:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

recycler varient, as in not stock, an extra option available for hosts to choose.

LEARN

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

Quote from: Dx on July 07, 2009, 05:06:52 AM
Bz doesn't have a jammer, so you are changing things. I thought you was going for as close to original as possible?

Variants and options...

Click on the image...

Stock is stock, and Recy variants are whatever...   :)

Besides, I think having such a thing as a "Cloak Jammer" available for Strat variations would be in keeping with the original TRO spirit, especially given that they pulled the cloak out from under you in one of the SP missions...   

I mean, I'd love to even have it play the wav file from that mission and give you a few seconds to sweat before your cloak just quit, but that can be pretty heavy handed and I prefer a lighter touch.     :evil:  There's also the fact that leaving them cloaked but highlighting them and allowing the AI to attack them leaves the cloaked ship without weapons when your AI opens up on them.  I like that, for some reason...

Lol... I picture some newb cruising up to the 'Cloak Jammer' and going "hmmm, I wonder what this thing is?" while the Mongos are all turning in his direction...   

The point here is to think outside the box a bit when converting things to the BZ2 engine, since Recy variants and the 1.3 patch give us capabilities we never had in BZ1.   It'd be a crime to waste that capability, and I hope others do cool BZ1-ish things nobody else thought of...

For example I have as another option the ability to give and take a shield from the cloaked unit that does nothing but highlight them in the outward teamfiltered 'spray' from the cloak jammer (which is actually a GT, or arcmine, or or or...)   :)

-Av-

Nielk1

I like the whole BZ1 style so much I started making up a race from scratch that would fit within the confines of BZC :-P

Click on the image...

Dx

Coxxon has a Fury race, wish he would respond about it. He floated through here last week.