• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Calling writers

Started by Feared_1, July 03, 2009, 11:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feared_1

If you specified that you are a writer, you need to submit something (anything, even a rough draft) SOON, please. Tell us what you're planning. No need to be specific right now (names, dates, locations) as long as we have something to look over.

Thanks.

VSMIT

My story's going towards aRc.  If anyone needs help fleshing out their story, though, don't hesitate to ask.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Arbystrider

Do we have to write an essay or just something like:

There was once a boy named Luke who lived with his aunt and uncle in Tatooine. One day, he met a droid which brought him to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Then, his guardians got killed by a Stormtrooper attack. Then, Obi-Wan made a deal with Han solo and a Chewbacca to bring them to Alderaan to send the droid's message. Then, the General destroyed Alderaan with a ZapKerpow because he wanted to test the Death Star, then, Han solo and the gang got tractored into the Death star. Obi-Wan let them escape, but was killed by a Sith lord Darth Vader. Then, they got away and landed at the rebel base. The death star was on its way there too. Then, Han got his reward and left off. Then, the Rebels got a briefing on blowing up the death star. Then, Luke was going to destroy the death star but Vader had a lock on him. It was in that precise moment when Han came back and shot one of the fighters. Then, Luke finally ended it with another ZapKerpow. Then, Han, Chewie and Luke got a medal. The end.

If it's like that I want to be a writer!
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

VSMIT

Urge to delete... rising...!

Even if you just have an idea that needs fleshing out, post it *in a new topic* and the other writers can help.

Blatantly ripping off a story that's already been done, though, will quickly earn you the ire of the community.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Mr X

Quote from: VSMIT on July 04, 2009, 01:05:26 AM
Urge to delete... rising...!

Even if you just have an idea that needs fleshing out, post it *in a new topic* and the other writers can help.

Blatantly ripping off a story that's already been done, though, will quickly earn you the ire of the community.

Actually, I think that he was giving an example.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

I never said that I didn't just view it as an example, but his track record has led me to question his posts.

AHadley

My story is that of Perfidious, but I'll need to write it all down. I know it all, it just needs to come OUT of my head.

Arbystrider

Quote from: Mr X on July 04, 2009, 01:12:48 AM
Actually, I think that he was giving an example.

Correct. Why else would I use Luke and obi-wan... whatever. (SW ftw)
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

Nielk1

Quote from: Arbystrider on July 04, 2009, 04:44:08 AM
Correct. Why else would I use Luke and obi-wan... whatever. (SW ftw)

Because you are Arbystrider...

---

Be aware however that stories submitted may undergo drastic change if used. But consider the base would have never been considered without the submission.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

So I take it we're not necessarily going with general-hoohah's story?
C l a v i n 1 2

Angstromicus

Of course not.

1) If his story is selected, it will likely go through drastic changes as stated earlier (thus becoming everyone's story). However, it's possible (but statistically, extremely unlikely) that his story is the holy grail that perfectly fits the majority of the community - no changes needed.

2) It's possible that there will be another story that users find more appealing that GHH's (even if by the time the project is finished, said project story line mysteriously resembles GHH's story after many changes).

TheJamsh

Quote from: Clavin12 on July 04, 2009, 08:09:19 AM
So I take it we're not necessarily going with general-hoohah's story?

NO. Wish people would get that point.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Feared_1

Which is why we need the people who specified to be writers to start submitting something so we can all get to work doing what we're supposed to be doing. Even if you're not a "writer" you can submit an idea or add something onto a submitted story to help pull things along. Doesn't mean it will be used, but it will definitely help.

Angstromicus

I think we need more people involved in this and not to try and move this too quickly yet (as far as saying, story XYZ is DEFINITELY going to be in the Community project.)

On that note: When new people start coming in later in the project and see a story topic that's a bazillion posts long, even a Buddhist grand master monk would have trouble sitting down and reading through all that. So I suggest updating the topic post with an outline of the story.

Clavin12

I already posted by idea for a story.
C l a v i n 1 2