• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BBB's potential storyline for 1.3 CP

Started by bigbadbogie, July 04, 2009, 09:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

I do like GHH's story, but I wanted to put my own idea up too.

During the bio-wars of Battlezone 1, a CCA platoon completely disappeared. They were kidnapped by a race of aliens who had been exploring a planet where the CCA had tried to establish a new front against the NSDF. The aliens later became obsessed with experimenting on their technology. They discovered biometal this way.

They created their own armies of biometal units and began exploring the cosmos, searching for the source of this sentient metal that they could use to destroy all the beings they had found which they had once considered to be superior. They were also searching for Earth and the Soviet Union, after one of the CCA pilots cracked under torture and gave them the names.

They never discovered the location of Earth however. Instead after 35 years of searching they found the Scion core system.

The Scions were an immensely superior force, so the Aliens who now called themselves the Junifers (meaning 'avengers of the fallen' in their language) set forth to infiltrate the Scion homeworld of Mire. They sent drones to infiltrate the Scion's civilisation. Eventually the Junifers discovered a way of remotely controlling the biometal inside the bodies of some susceptible Scions. Much the Scion government was now under the control of the Junifers and Scion civilisation slowly collapsed into anarchy. Any Scions that were susceptible to this new form of control fell ill, and then they turned against their own kind. Nobody knew what the hell was happening to them and tried to isolate themselves from others, thinking it was a new disease.

Eventually the signal that was causing the Scions to turn on each other was discovered by an EDF peacekeeping force that was sent in to stop a likely civil war between the controlled and uncontrolled Scions.

The signal was cancelled out and traced to a point just beyond the threshold of the system.

The EDF fleet that was sent to investigate was nearly completely destroyed. The regrouping Scion Collective Defence Force launched an unprecedentedly large fleet after the Junifers ships, believing them to be Cerberi units.

All the Junifers ships surrendered when they saw the SCDF fleet heading at them as there was no chance that they could survive a fight with them.

They were returned to Mire and all the captive Junifers were interrogated. The Scions also captured the transmitter array that was sending the signal to turn Scions against each other. This was investigated thouroughly and the Scions discovered a way to permanently cancel out the signal that it sent.

The captured Junifers all managed to commit suicide by hanging themselves with their long tails before much information could be found about who they were.

Anyway... the Scions and EDF find the Junifers' colony planets and launch a massive offensive to eradicate them all.

Eventually the Junifers all surrender under the sheer power of the Allied forces and become allies too.

Or not... because this story is only a rough draft and could be changed completely.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Mr X

The only problem I can see with this is that the good guys seem to win too easily.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

bigbadbogie

Maybe it could be entwined with GHH's story and have both of them in one mod.

The good guys can't always be the weaklings... that is just repetitive.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Mr X

Yes but:

Good guys pwning from the beginning = not very interesting story
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

I would vote to change their names. It sounds like juniper.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Good idea, I don't want to go around fighting plants.

Where did I put my weedkiller cannon?

bigbadbogie

You obviously got the wrong impression.

The enemies are seriously fierce and will fight to the bitter end... like the Japanese in WW2.

Quote from: Clavin12 on July 05, 2009, 07:19:53 AM
I would vote to change their names. It sounds like juniper.

What?

My BZ2 mods:

Clavin12

A juniper is a little bush-like conifer.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on July 05, 2009, 08:06:13 PM
A juniper is a little bush-like conifer.

That.. actually... makes sense... It does sound a lot like that. Calvin... said something I didn't groan at...

Personally this story feels a bit flat to me, then again, that is what is to be expected from a short idea. Though, it seems like it does not leave much room for expansion.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

All kinds of twists and turns could be added.

Maybe the Junifers are really a faction of Cthonians who have completely forgotten their origins.

They meet the Hadeans and get really confused...

My BZ2 mods:

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on July 05, 2009, 11:29:07 PM
That.. actually... makes sense... It does sound a lot like that. Calvin... said something I didn't groan at...

He is making more sense now he's working (in part) on the 1.3 CP. I think he wants to help and knows he needs to get better at things to do so.

Quote from: bigbadbogie on July 06, 2009, 02:50:26 AM
Maybe the Junifers are really a faction of Cthonians who have completely forgotten their origins.

Wasn't somebody else saying something about a third faction of Cthonians? Sounds like a good idea, maybe the two storylines could use ideas from each other.

Mr X

Quote from: AHadley on July 06, 2009, 12:26:54 PM
He is making more sense now he's working (in part) on the 1.3 CP. I think he wants to help and knows he needs to get better at things to do so.

Wasn't somebody else saying something about a third faction of Cthonians? Sounds like a good idea, maybe the two storylines could use ideas from each other.

Combining ideas would be really difficult, as in my storyline a very important detail is that the third faction got wiped out.
starting January 2010!

AHadley

Clavin12

We can set a deadline for all rough drafts to be in and vote between them. Afterwords we could refine the storyline we elected. A poll would do nicely.
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Maybe they were all transported to another planet with no technology and were reduced to the level of primitives. They then forget their origins over time.

The planet they were sent to was teeming with dangerous life forms which they were physically no match for. This put a chip on their shoulder, so to speak.
They tried many ways to create new weapons but had lost all knowledge of how to do that. They needed to use spears and bows and arrows for a long time before they invented gun powder (again).

Then they took over the planet from the creatures and became about as technologically advanced as mankind was during the second world war.

After they had taken control of their planet, they began exploring space. Fortunately, due to their close proximity to many other stars and habitable planets, they were able to explore them with relative ease.

This is when they found a CCA platoon and decided to abduct them. They set a trap for the platoon in a large crater, which they covered over with a tarp which looked the same as the surface rock of the planet. When the every member of the platoon was over the crater, the tarp was cut and they all fell a few hundred metres into the crater.

The Junifers then used an experimental EMP device to deactivate all the CCA units and weapons. They used a helicopter-style unit to rescue the CCA pilots. Then they kidnapped them and returned them to their landing shuttle. The CCA units were all taken back as well.

The Junifers' shuttle returned to their home planet and the CCA pilots were all held captive. They were tortured and many were eaten alive if they refused to answer questions.

The CCA vehicles were all examined thoroughly enough that the Junifers discovered the secret of bio-metal.

Using the captured unit-factory, the Junifers invented their own bio-metal units.

So begins the epic war against all creatures of greater power... driven by ancient Cthonian instincts of war and domination.

My BZ2 mods: