• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BBB's potential storyline for 1.3 CP

Started by bigbadbogie, July 04, 2009, 09:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr X

I've actually just had a good idea that might work well for combining the two stories into one, I'll put it to you to see if you like it (beware, this will make more sense if you have already read my suggestion for a story).

The Gaians (the third Cthonian race, in my storyline), seeing their own downfall, create a vessel to transport some non-military personnel to a distant planet to rebuild their civilisation. Unfortunately, the Hadeans began their assault earlier than anticipated and damaged the ship just as it was exiting the system.

The core is on the verge of going critical and there aren't enough escape pods so the decision is made to give the pods to the children on board, in compliance with the Gaian code of honour. These pods make planetfall on a nearby jungle planet, with only basic technology they learn that the only chance they have of survival is to live in the highest mountains.

Meanwhile the Hadeans, having successfully overwhelmed the Gaians during the battle and wiped them out, send a force after the transport. They discover it near to the portal with all on board dead, but the escape pods missing. However, the transport being destroyed seems to be the very thing that has saved the last of the Gaians, as had it survived the Hadeans would have been able to trace it.

Over thousands of thousands of years they develop and start to push back the vicious animals, but they have little knowledge of their race's history, they even forget the pronunciation of their name and it becomes Gnas I (Sorry, but like others I felt that Junifer had to go :P). Until eventually they, like many before them, discover biometal and go into space using a basic version of the technology.

At this point we go into your story bit about the kidnapping of the CCA and such. However, to bring the IS/EDF into the story it is they that encounter the Gnas. They fight until the Gnas discover their true heritage when they encounter the scion base that had been built to guard the first in the sequence of time portals. They discover that the enemy that the scions are fighting sent a large force after the scion taskforce. The scions think that they are gradually winning but are actually about to be overwhelmed.

The Gnas make a deal with the IS/EDF, in which it is decided that the Gnas are forgiven for what they have done against humanity, and both races send all available forces (which is not very much, as time is very short) to follow the trail after the scions, they arrive shortly after the start of the final battle, with the scions struggling to hold on.

So, this way we would get scion and human campaigns.

What do you all think?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

bigbadbogie

Brilliant!! This would make one hell of a good mod!

But the name Gaians? That is used in the game Freelancer and they are Bretonian ecoterrorists.

And the name Junifers does sound more Cthonianish.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

But unfortunately it also sounds like a small bush-like conifer. How about Athenians?
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

Guess what!

The word Scion sounds like Shine!

Quick... lets change it!!

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Angstromicus

Clavin12

Quote from: bigbadbogie on July 08, 2009, 05:09:24 PM
Guess what!

The word Scion sounds like Shine!

Quick... lets change it!!

but the only difference between junifer and juniper is the p.
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

There is MUCH difference... there is... the Australian Accent.  :-P

bb1

With all your CCA platoon stuff, remember that a large portion of the voice acting community isn't Russian. You'd have to piece together voice clips from bz1... ouch!

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

AHadley

Scav-Avenger

Quote from: bigbadbogie on July 08, 2009, 04:51:49 PM
Brilliant!! This would make one hell of a good mod!

But the name Gaians? That is used in the game Freelancer and they are Bretonian ecoterrorists.

And the name Junifers does sound more Cthonianish.

Oh man didn't know people still play freelancer. Anyways Gaians? Please its a common name think of something more of alien and less of Earth (Gaia).
Avatars make my profile look fat...

VSMIT

Olympians and Hadeans came from Olympus and Hades, so are those common, too?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

Olympus was the top of the world to the Greeks, and Hades was the bottom... imagine a heaven and hell kind of thing. Earth goes in the middle. One more argument for Gaians - Earth is between Heaven and Hell, Gaia is between Olympus and Hades.

There's a name for the mod there too... Between Olympus and Hades. Not the best but an idea all the same.

Scav-Avenger

Quote from: VSMIT on July 09, 2009, 07:10:53 AM
Olympians and Hadeans came from Olympus and Hades, so are those common, too?

Yea a bit of common but I m tired of hearing greek names in Bz2 try something more special for a change.
Avatars make my profile look fat...

VSMIT

Then write a story instead of just commenting on stuff others have done.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.