• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Got bored, made (half) a model, worth continuing?

Started by Raven, July 22, 2009, 05:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Well, as the title suggests, I got bored and thought I'd try to remake that model I made aaages ago (The Renzuken, I called it) that was going to be a space battleship for the mod.
As I said before, its heavily based off of the Nadesico (anime) since its such an epic looking ship and its the 1st anime I ever actually watched so its kinda always stuck in my head. Well, I have the bridge, arms and engines done, and before I try to tackle the pretty damn complicated main body, I was wondering if what I have is actually any good before I carry on...

The vertex colours are just to make a contrast so the images do more justice. UV mapping is gonna be a bleeder, but I actually have the arms UV mapped already, which is surprising, as for those who remember, I freakin' hate UV mapping, drawing the texture is gonna suck but you never know I might get it right.

Anywhoo, what d'ya think?

Sorry about the black backing, Flickr has insisted on converting the transparent PNG to a jpg.... And I can't be botehred to re-render them with a white background :P

I haven't gone too insane with the poly count, it could look a hell of a lot smoother and could have air vents and all sorts of details, but I automatically made it so that bz2 *might* just handle it...

Nielk1

You can upload to BZComplex's gallery if you can get it to work (some have issues). There is a generic modifications section or you can create a user gallery.

I like it, keep going. We need good modelers. What will happen to it when it is done?

One thing I always found odd about SCIFI is the bridge is always so obvious. Only has Battlestar Galactica (the new one) had a 'Command and Control' in the center heart of the ship rather than right on top or in front screaming SHOOT ME. That being said, still everyone makes bridges :-P

Again, I like your model, keep going.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Frigging great looking so far, no idea what the source is though, so I can't give an accuracy rating.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Raven

I honestly don't know what will be done with it if its ever completely textured etc. All the ideas I had where going to be for the mod, so *shrugs.* Its just eyecandy I guess.
Bridges are awesome, can you imagine standing at the viewscreen/window and looking over that xD
I'll take a look at that gallery, thanks.

Theres no way I could accurately model the Nadesico, its just based off of it.

Though I've actually modelled it more off of the Nadesico B:

I wasn't really aiming for accuracy, I just wanted it to look a bit like it. Actually, looking at that image, the arms need to be longer >_<

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Raven

cheesepuffly

Tis cool. Heck id bet that would work on its own. One of those crafts where the parts are not connected or something.

What program did ya use?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

TheJamsh

looks like WINGS!!!

That looks cool as. i love it.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Raven

All models by me are usually made in Wings, I just get on with it.

After doing a bit more work with nicer curves and fine-tunes, the tri count, still without the main body, is currently 2549, which is too much for bz2, but I half expected that anyway. Having said that, with the upgraded graphics engine, can it handle more now? Or does that not make a difference (I'm not a programmer)?

I think it'd look a bit strange having 5 separate parts floating about!

VSMIT

As of now, the tri count limit is 2730 2/3.  This has always been the limit the engine gives.

However, GSH has said that TA5.1 will allow for higher counts.  So I'd say finish the ship, and we'll see where we're at afterward.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Raven

Well I wasn't planning on having it in bz2 anyway. Not to mention, the size is immense. Like, at least half of Dunes, its a freakin' space battleship with living quarters and everything! Cmoooon!

VSMIT

We could use it in a mission in the CP?  Or in the cinematics.

Raven

If its finished and you want it in a cinematic, sure, fine by me, same with if its usable in the CP in any other way.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****