• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Community Project Vote #1

Started by VSMIT, July 28, 2009, 11:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which story is your favorite?

Mr X's Time story
AHadley's Perfidious story
Gen_Hoohah's FE Sequel
Clavin12's story
BBB's story
TheJamsh's Fall of the Empires story
ScrapPool's Full Circle story

VSMIT

And with today, story submissions are now closed.  The time for the first vote has arrived.  These are all of the stories we have received.

Mr X's Time story
AHadley's Perfidious story
General_Hoohah's FE Sequel
Clavin12's story
Bigbadbogie's story
TheJamsh's Fall of the Empires story
ScrapPool's Full Circle story (Late entry)

If you cannot make a clear decision, or you just want to explain your decision, you can reply in this thread instead of using the poll (like if you wanted a certain part of more than one of the stories in the final version).  Your comments will be taken into consideration.

You are free to vote for any of the stories (including your own, if you're an author), so think about your decision before you make it.  There may be more than one winner in this round of voting.

This poll will run for two days.  After that, no more votes will be counted.

If you have not read all of the stories, please do so before voting.

BZ2MD Votes:
     ScrapPool's Story: 1

BZ2Maps Votes:
    N/A
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Why thankyou, Jamsh. Much appreciated. :D

Angstromicus

I'm torn between Mr. X's and AHadley's story. I've skimmed over the stories and based off of people's concerns about time travel in Mr. X's story, I'll go with the safer bet and vote for AH's story.

bigbadbogie

Agreed.

AHadley's story is the best one IMO.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

I am also torn between Mr. X's and AHadley's story. I went with Mr. X's just because I like time travel :-P

If I change my mind I will let you know. The main decision for me was AHadley's (never noticed there was an L in there) story is still going to be made (hopefully) with or without the CP, but Mr. X's would only exist as a CP. That and I have a thing about time and dimensional travel and quantum mechanics atm. Mr. X's story is also safer to story line if you think about it. The thought is that AHadley's could easily step on highly anticipated mods like EPIC without coordination, while Mr. X's exists as a parallel story to such events.

Click on the image...

bb1

If you feel like summarizing your stories before the final vote is in...here would be the place to do it!

Clavin12

The ones that don't get picked can be locked away in a hard drive for a future Community project or some other thing, such as a separate mod, or a science fiction novel. (lol)
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

Quote from: bb1 on July 28, 2009, 06:16:24 PM
If you feel like summarizing your stories before the final vote is in...here would be the place to do it!
If the authors deign to summarize their stories, they should do it in their story thread.  This is the voting thread.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

I was waiting for someone higher than a sabre to say something like that. I'll go ahead.
C l a v i n 1 2

Tempest Storm

I decided to leave my vote with Mr. X's story. I think that it may need some alterations here and there but it has a lot of potential brimming within. I am a bit iffy on the whole time travel thing, although the possibilities that exist within the basis of the story could bring an interesting SP experience that would not only be fun to play but also has the potential of being well within the spirit of the BZ universe IMHO.

Rocket

My Vote is in.

may the best story win.  :-)

-Rkt-
Hidden Defenders Mod

VSMIT

ScrapPool from BZ2MD has put in his bid for the story, so I've added it to the poll.

bigbadbogie

Could you possibly give an exact time that voting will cease tomorrow?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Angstromicus

Since a new story has entered, votes already cast may be changed if wanted. Besides, the stories already submitted may receive further development and as a result alter opinions.

Edit: Voting will be open for a little while longer because of the new entry. The poll needs to be open to account for the time it takes to make a sound decision and for those who don't regularly visit the site every day. The exact time for this is unspecified, but it'll probably sooner rather than later because a good number of votes are coming in.