• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Community Project Vote #1

Started by VSMIT, July 28, 2009, 11:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which story is your favorite?

Mr X's Time story
AHadley's Perfidious story
Gen_Hoohah's FE Sequel
Clavin12's story
BBB's story
TheJamsh's Fall of the Empires story
ScrapPool's Full Circle story

AHadley

I have a feeling that PF, MrX and FC will all go through... and then we can get to work :)

Angstromicus

That's an excellent idea: The master minds behind these great stories to jointly discuss combining their stories.

I'm sure the final product would be awesome, but the discussion should be public as much as possible. The community is the only possible entity that can decide which ideas are wanted most.

Rocket

QuoteThe community is the only possible entity that can decide which ideas are wanted most.

Yes, hence the name "Community Project"  :-)
Hidden Defenders Mod

Clavin12

We need something new and fresh to differentiate from the other story lines (from the previous games and mods). A couple big differences and lots of little differences (like the rank of the main character) would be the way to go. We should develop every little part of the story with histories and back-stories (separate from the main story line, and not discussed much in the game). For example we should give every character, planet, and object (such as a flagship, or innovative weapon) ,important and unimportant, at least a paragraph of history. Tolkien, and his followers, did this very well (especially with the Silmarillion) and made his books extremely popular and interesting.
C l a v i n 1 2

bb1

By working it into the actual game, though, it creates a much more immersive experience. That paragraph of history transpiring into you flying through fields of artifacts in BZ1...so satisfying.

Clavin12

Well, it can be that way if the community wants it. I was just suggesting it because you might not want a bunch of materiel being thrown at you while your dog fighting.
C l a v i n 1 2

bb1

I know I absolutely hated the beginning of FE with the novel you had to go through to learn anything that partained to the story. Headcount of who read ALL of it?  Anyone? It needs to be accessable without being a burden.

ScrapPool

Quote from: bb1 on August 01, 2009, 09:50:39 PM
I know I absolutely hated the beginning of FE with the novel you had to go through to learn anything that partained to the story. Headcount of who read ALL of it?  Anyone? It needs to be accessable without being a burden.

It may not be surprising, but I eventually read it! And that was a notoriously large amount introduction IMO... I prefer my storyline spread out a little more... for instance I'm not dissuaded by a 1 page full brief every once in a while... There is that balance between playing time and story which enriches playing time.
Got it covered.
"Full Circle"

AHadley

I read it second run. I was really unsatisfied by the end because it didn't make as much sense as it could have done.

Mr X

Quote from: bb1 on August 01, 2009, 09:50:39 PM

I did!

Quote from: Angstromicus on August 01, 2009, 03:00:49 PM
The community is the only possible entity that can decide which ideas are wanted most.

Assuming that mine does go through, I'm sure that from our discussions anything that all, or maybe just most, of us agree on would be put to the community for opinions.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Rocket

QuoteI read it second run

I read it all the second time too.

took me over 2 hours!  :roll:
Hidden Defenders Mod

Angstromicus