• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Everything old is new again

Started by GSH, July 30, 2009, 11:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

http://kotaku.com/5326494/atari-founder-returns-to-development-with-battleswarm
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=100532

Note: they're not calling anything Battlezone 3. Which is what I've said that future titles like this would almost certainly have to do.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Rocket

Well, it's good to see that the Atari company leader is going back to the BZ types of game. It might bring BattleZone back into consideration....  :-)
Hidden Defenders Mod

mrtwosheds

If you get drunk and try to say Battleswarm fast enough... :-D

cheesepuffly

Battleswarm will have nothing on bz2.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

Quote from: cheesepuffly on July 31, 2009, 12:44:32 PM
Battleswarm will have nothing on bz2.

It's more like Empires mod for HL2 than BZ.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

cheesepuffly

Quote from: bigbadbogie on July 31, 2009, 05:17:27 PM
It's more like Empires mod for HL2 than BZ.

Either way.

Hell no game has anything on bz2's awesomeness.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

TheJamsh

Totally off-topic: TwoSheds that avatar is awesome.

Returning to topic: I think the whole idea of having one 'race' that can only fight in FPS mode, and another that can only fight in 'RTS' mode is going to spark a bit of friction when/if modders turn to it.

BZ2's modability is what has made it last so long, that and the great atmosphere it gives when you play it, so i highly doubt any other game will last as long, before the 'next biggest thing' comes out.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Former 1.2ers would like the FPS one and 1.3s would mostly like the RTS one. It's no secret.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Just saw this.  Maybe it will help spark more interest.
What box???

Rocket

QuoteBZ2's modability is what has made it last so long, that and the great atmosphere it gives when you play it, so i highly doubt any other game will last as long, before the 'next biggest thing' comes out.

the "next biggest thing" would have to be BZ3 :-D
Hidden Defenders Mod

mrtwosheds

QuoteTotally off-topic: TwoSheds that avatar is awesome.
Totally off-topic: That is a dvtank, I'm quite happy with its skin now. It looks quite metallic, I have 2 team colours that cause it to appear either brass or steel.

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

mrtwosheds

I am not going to make the mistake of announcing a release date, But I am getting there slowly. Most of the models are finalised, I have been doing allot of file polishing this week trying to get things just right, soon its back to the Aip's, even with them in there currently neglected state, the mpi battles are furiously violent, when I am happy with the dd set I may make a test release, then I will need to do the isdf and scions recy variants... once the strat/mpi side of things is complete, I will start thinking about missions.

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods: