• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Getting it to work on Vista...

Started by Gar, August 09, 2009, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gar

Okay, first things first.

CPU: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
RAM: 3GB
Vid Card: Nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40Ghz

I actually don't know if you needed all of that or if I forgot something...probably the latter. I also dual boot Windows XP 64-bit but I really wanted to get this to work on Vista. I've been searching around on my own for a long time, (okay fine, since Friday...) and I remember getting it to work once before, but it was back when I had an older video card and it was still SP1. I've been to many websites that suggested different fixes and none of them have worked completely. (I would post all that I've tried but there were so many I've kinda forgotten most of them.) I've gotten the Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit and while it works on some problems, there's one problem that persists.

In every level, there are these white patches that appear all over the land whenever I fire a bullet from any gun. The patches will follow the bullet from the ground. Sometimes the bullet itself will turn into a white cube and other times the gun will actually lose the texture and become white. I've never had this problem before. I've tried all kinds of compatibility modes, all kinds of different versions and patches from the 1.4M or L or...whatever all those different versions are, (I never really understood what the difference was...) and even the stock version I've had since I was a kid...

I'll post some screenshots of the problem later. Anyway, thanks for reading.

EDIT: Screenshots. Oog, sorry for the size. If no one posts and I have time I'll trim'em down and re-upload...

I should have a signature here...I don't, but I should.

Dx