• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Sabre problems

Started by Killer AK, August 09, 2009, 07:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been using groups of ten Sabres in one of the GH Instant maps and they do exactly as stated.   Two Sabres will attack head on, the rest will go around the target and travel up to several hundred meters before turning around to attack.  Of course, they do this in a conga line and the lead turns first, running into his followers.

It quickly devolves into a three stooges routine.

I've found it much better to tell them to go somewhere instead of using the attack command.  When they get where they're going they'll turn and attack whatever's around.  Makes them much more effective, not at all like the lemmings they usually act like.

-Av-

lucky_foot

Nielk1 and I played a match online on one of GH's maps and on attacking a mega statue they did the same thing, the first few thinking it was great to attack, but the others almost waiting for their turn to shoot.

I was watching from satellite (as I was base building at the time), but I believe Nielk1 saw the same thing.

Jonathan S.

TheJamsh

I changed all vehicles using 'tankfriend/enemy' to 'MorphTankFriend/Enemy' in my rec variant. It's just so much more aggressive. None of this messing around.

It looks like they are all too nervous that they might hit each other.

Fine-tuning tankFriend/Enemy will make them improve better. 1.3 added some subattack classes and attack tasks that don't seem to help to much. Tanks don't strafe as well as mortar bikes...

This is more Zero Angels area than anything, so long as hes up-to-date with the latest behaviour controls that are now ex-constants and ODF controlled.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

Add:

AttackTaskUsesGroups = false
GotoTaskHasLeader = false
What box???

TheJamsh

Yeh they help too. Theres loads of other adjustments though, you can make units quite different characters now in TA5, even fake loyalty to you to an extent (with the 'runaway!' flags)

mrtwosheds

Quoteeven fake loyalty to you to an extent (with the 'runaway!' flags)
Would you care to share your information source with us?

TheJamsh

from modlog. of course by 'runaway' i meant fleeing behaviour. You could just set this to 0 for something that never stops attacking, and 120 for something that runs away for two minutes before re-targetting:

AttackTaskAttackTimeout#
AttackTaskFleeTimeout#
AttackTaskStrafeAfterFlee#
AttackTaskStrafeToFleeTimeout#

OffensiveProcessIsDistractable
OffensiveProcessIsDistractableAITeam
OffensiveProcessIsTenacious
OffensiveProcessIsTenaciousAITeam

[ScavengerHClass]
IsFearless = true

Theres a ridiculous amount of exposed constants now... Modlog is my friend :D

mrtwosheds

Now I know what you are talking about. :-)

Red Devil

I put all the exposed constants in those fast DM scouts a few years ago.
What box???