• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Upgrading weapons

Started by Flash, August 09, 2009, 08:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flash

New guy here with an old game, but a new one to me. I am a collector and did not have the time to play alot of the games I picked up over a long period of time. Now I have time and Battlezone is the one I am trying right now. Already fixed one problem I had, but another one is how do I go about upgrading a weapon. I was able to make the weapon, but when running my ship into it as I did with ammo and repairs, it did not take on the new weapon. Of course, I already have a full array and that may be the problem. How do I jettison one weapon for another?  thanks

Rocket

well, it could be that something is wrong with the powerup ODF..

other thing is that, is the ship that drove over it a normal hovercraft with "_c" type weapons, or was it an assault unit, or a morphed unit?

if after checking that is is truly a "_c" (combat) vehicle and not "_a" (assault) vehicle. You're still having problems, then just post a ctrl-c of your POWERUP ODF (examples: apmini, applas, apmort, apchain) you get the idea  :wink:

oh yeah, welcome to the BZ2 community  :-)
Hidden Defenders Mod

bb1

Quote from: Rocket on August 09, 2009, 11:09:40 PM
well, it could be that something is wrong with the powerup ODF..

other thing is that, is the ship that drove over it a normal hovercraft with "_c" type weapons, or was it an assault unit, or a morphed unit?

if after checking that is is truly a "_c" (combat) vehicle and not "_a" (assault) vehicle. You're still having problems, then just post a ctrl-c of your POWERUP ODF (examples: apmini, applas, apmort, apchain) you get the idea  :wink:

oh yeah, welcome to the BZ2 community  :-)

WRONG GAME

@Topic

Make sure the hardpoint of the weapon you want is a hardpoint you have on your ship. Cannon, rocket, mortar, and special are the hardpoints, designated by C R M or S next to weapons in HUD. Cannon is denoted by a two pronged cannon thing, rocket is missle shaped, mortar is some kind of sideways blimp, and special is some squat thing with a flat top. Make sure your tank (has at least one of each besides rocket) can take the weapon.

Also, if you already have the weapon, it will not take.

Rocket

erm... then welcome to the bz1 community...  :lol:
Hidden Defenders Mod

bb1

Quote from: Rocket on August 09, 2009, 11:47:19 PM
erm... then welcome to the bz1 community...  :lol:

Mostly knocking you for using scary ODF mod talk on someone who doesn't even know how to upgrade their weapon in stock bz1. What were you thinking  :-o

Rocket

oh, i thought he was wondering how to do something else....
Hidden Defenders Mod

Flash

Quote from: bb1 on August 09, 2009, 11:45:03 PM

Make sure the hardpoint of the weapon you want is a hardpoint you have on your ship. Cannon, rocket, mortar, and special are the hardpoints, designated by C R M or S next to weapons in HUD. Cannon is denoted by a two pronged cannon thing, rocket is missle shaped, mortar is some kind of sideways blimp, and special is some squat thing with a flat top. Make sure your tank (has at least one of each besides rocket) can take the weapon.

Also, if you already have the weapon, it will not take.

Thanks for the replies. Must weapons be added in sequence. Such as an AT-Stabber before a SP-Stabber?

VSMIT

No.  The weapons can be added however you want.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Dx

Quote from: VSMIT on August 10, 2009, 08:50:50 PM
No.  The weapons can be added however you want.

No, that's not true, Battlezone has a weapons priority number.

VSMIT

Yes, but he was asking about an "upgrade" system (AT>SP, etc.)
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Dx

"Must weapons be added in sequence"

Doesn't sounds like upgrading system to me. The sequence is from 0 to 10

IE:
Raves = wpnPriority = 0
At Stabbers = wpnPriority = 3
Mag Cannon = wpnPriority = 4
SP Stabbers = wpnPriority = 5
Blast Cannons = wpnPriority = 10

VSMIT

Quote from: Flash on August 10, 2009, 08:40:15 PMSuch as an AT-Stabber before a SP-Stabber?
That sounds like an upgrading system to me, with AT being a prerequisite on a ship before you can add/exchange for SP.

Dx

Quote from: VSMIT on August 10, 2009, 11:14:36 PM
That sounds like an upgrading system to me, with AT being a prerequisite on a ship before you can add/exchange for SP.

AT Stabbers is not a prerequisite on a ship and you don't exchange weapons in Battlezone.

A upgrading system is what Bz2 has, you can upgrade tanks with new weapons available once you have the armory and the tech center built, you get the upgraded tank at the new cost when built.

General BlackDragon

you're all nuts for coming here to listen to us babble about it.

Just do what I did, drive over each weapon and play around till u know what everything is :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

bb1

These replies are all nuts. Wepon priority? Sounds unused. As is weapon masking...no AI that I am aware of listens to it.

As far as I can tell, bz1 didn't put much code in for weapon desisions: Dual blasts on a czar when only the golem is supposed to hold it because of weight; Sasquatch with ATs when those are obviously a terrible option when tanks and others can dual wield it.