• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Where can i find the XP patch for battlezone I

Started by Wraith, October 16, 2009, 05:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraith

Never played it and I was given the cd by a friend he said I would need the patch and a 1.4 patch and large assets. Is it any good and what order would I install everything?
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Mr. Spock

http://www.battlezone1.net/downloads/

1. 1.4 patch - bzpat14.exe
2. Large Assets - bzhw16l.zfs
3. WinNT (WinXP...) patch - winets2.dll & anims
4. Servers - servers.dat

General BlackDragon

also, if you're install is from CD, you need to:

1: get 1.4 patch
2: get the winxp patch spock suggested.
3: optionally, remove/rename the 3 .cur files
4: update servers.dat file
5: play :)

Additional things like Large Assets in renders.cfg, and various settings to make it work right with your gfx card can be applied.

Back when i tried to make my install from BZ CD work, using the "xp" patch, it still crashed when i tried to play online. Dunno if i did it wrong back then or not. I use one of the all in one installs now that works alright. The cursers stick after you leave game, so i removed them.

LOL I still remember back before i had internet i hosted a lan and played st by myself  :lol:

*****General BlackDragon*****

Wraith

Well so far its working with just bz1.4 patch for Battlezone I. Didnt change anything either except for the screen resolution and it works perfect :). Thanks for lists and site though.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

General BlackDragon

oh yeah, i forgot the bug where it crashes if you're resolution isnt the same as ur desktop res.  :|

*****General BlackDragon*****