• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Upgrading weapons

Started by Flash, August 09, 2009, 08:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssuser

Yes, links please...

I always liked Floating Point's maps because all that dense terrain made them seem bigger than they really were, felt like more was going on, even when it wasn't. You could get lost in all those chasms on Vertigo and Firefox if you weren't careful.

Natural rolling maps are still the best for fighting on. I think BSer's Downhill is still the best IA map for general gameplay ever made just due to the superbly executed rolling terrain. It needed more Walkers though...

AHadley

Jamsh's new maps are amazing. Not BZ1, though.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Clavin12

Remember that FE mission with the hang-gliding recycler (at least i think there was one). It was the best terrain because of all the foliage and the difference in altitudes.
C l a v i n 1 2

General BlackDragon

The hang gliding recycler wasn't in FE. You got a hang glider WEAPON, a special jet pack. The recycler was normal, slow and etc.

The "flying recycler" was a model made by somebody...forgot who, i think it was TimeVirus, or Zeeder.  Not sure though. I only saw it in somebody's avatar.

ssuser

Aagh! This is turning into a bz2 thread...  :-D

I sure wish there were transport rockets for bz1, It would be neat to have to protect one coming down thru enemy air activity in a flyer. Have it dump the recycler on the ground and then explode, then you rendezvous with some tanks and scoot through enemy territory to your geysers... Didn't Avatar model a bz1 transport some time back? You would need new classes to have this work right though.

General BlackDragon

Yes it's possible and Yes there are nsdf/cca transports in BZC.

It's possible to make that kind of mission. Might poke Avatar about it for his Extended Campaign.

ssuser

Yes, I know you can for bz2, I was just indulging in wishful thinking for bz1. I remember Av posted a big green rocket model up quite a ways back, looked pretty cool. Though I'm not sure green is an appropriate color for space - well, maybe the beginning part of space, but what about when you get to outer space?  :wink: Also, the Soviets painted their mobile nukes green. Hmmm....

Did you guys do a Soviet version of a Lunar Lander for BZC? That is something I would like to see.

General BlackDragon

ssuser

Good. BTW, what's the status on BZC? How close is it to being done? Have you guys put out any betas yet? Got a link to more pics and stuff besides what Av put up on his site awhile back? I WILL reinstall bz2 to try this mod, even though I don't care for bz2 in general.

AHadley

They put out a demo for PB4 a way back, it was pretty good, but they took it down again. Still on BZScrap IIRC.

General BlackDragon

That demo is for PB3. I took it down because people were installing it on PB4 and getting confused. Plus I thought the next Demo was going to be soon(ish).

I'm waiting on Avatar to finish the Strat DLL atleast to the point of functional lives limit before putting out a Demo 2.0 for the purpose of testing the Strategy DLL. This demo will be for TA5.1

As for the mod, mostly done. Needs AIPs, MPI/IA/ST DLLs, and bugtesting/fixing. Due to DLLs being broken, atm only DM works right.

ssuser

Looking forward to it. So you don't have any links other than the mods forums up at the moment then? I've been busy collecting links to bz1 stuff over the last couple weeks as I really had no idea what is still up or not - The Wall's page is apparently gone, NavBeacon took down bzfiles.net, and so on.

General BlackDragon