• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

FleshStorm testing for TA5

Started by TopGun, August 11, 2009, 05:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopGun

Hi,

I have played Fleshstorm and QF for a few weeks now on the 1.3pb4 version and was wondering if there is going to be a updated version to TA5. The only reason I ask is because BZ2 plays better on TA5 for my machine.

TopGun

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen

Warfreak

Hmm, I would check if the PB4a compatible version works for TA5 first. THEN ask.

Im really not sure if anyone is taking the task to do that.

TopGun

I just tested Fleshstorm on a TA5 and it works great so far. But I am sure there will be a few compatibility problems. But if 95% of the game works with TA5 should not be hard to fix the few bugs that come up.

Thx for the suggestion Warfreak.

TopGun

TopGun

I have now played 5 instant action games on Fleshstorm TA5. I have played as ISDF, Black Dogs, and the SWARM. faction. And so far it works great. The AI is harder than I am used to, but not as hard as FE. And if you ask me FE 1.3pb4 needs work more than FS does.

I just tried the other alien faction and the recycler deployed but I could not use it, and then some error codes came up. I am going to try out the Scions and build full bases for each faction to see if all the stuff works. So far only that one faction is the only one with bugs. I will post once I have tested the scion tech.

TopGun

TopGun

Ok I just got done testing the scions. When I first started the game I got 2 gswrmrkt.odf  errors. Something about targeting gun class. I will be testing the Black Dogs after work tomorrow. I hope to get the BD and ISDF all tested by this time tomorrow.

Talk to you guys then.

TopGun

bigbadbogie

QF Mod should already work with TA5.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TopGun

Ok, when I am done with FS I will try it out.

TopGun

Just got done with the BD. The same error came up in at the very start of the game. Something to do with ordinance. Someone who know how to mod can probably fix it. I will post again within 1 hour when I get done testing the ISDF.

TopGun

ISDF is ok. Now the exact error I get at the start on every multiplayer game and instant action.   

ERROR: ODF gswrmrkt.odf,
[TargetingGunClass]::leaderName is supposed
to be an OrdnanceClass, but isn't. Please check
ODFs
.. looks like WeaponClass instead

And that is the exact error I get 2 times at the start. The 2 errors are exactly the same, and come the second the game starts.

I might test the SWARM again because they are one of the new factions in this mod. Will post again when I get done testing the SWARM.

TopGun

Warfreak

That odf is a Swarm weapon.

It is based off the Tag Cannon and is expected to work as such.
Fixing the odf listed in it's LeaderName should allow the weapon to work properly.

TopGun

My game just crashed while test the Phaer. That faction needs big help.

TopGun

The Swarm turrets need work. And the Phaer need work to. Other then that most of FS is compatible with TA5.

If someone tries to fix the bugs I will be glad to test it some more.

TopGun

bigbadbogie

Get Commando's pb4 patch for Fleshstorm. That should solve most of your problems.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TopGun

The pb4 patch does not run smooth on my machine. That is why I am trying to fix FS for TA5. APlus FS looks way better in TA5 and would be great to get it fixed for TA5. All I need now is just someone that knows how to fix these bugs that FS has. FS is a great mod, I just can't get pb4 to work as good as TA5 works.
Warfreak when I asked said that no one has taken the task to get FS working 100% on TA5, I am just trying to help. So if someone can fix FS plz try. I am not commanding anyone to do it. FS work 75% of the time and I can deal with that, it would just be nice to have it working 100% of the time. And believe me I am not the only one playing FS on the TA5 patch.

TopGun

General BlackDragon

if u get the FLESHSTORM patch to make FS run of pb4, (located somewhere in the fleshstorm boards over at bz2md, posted by commando) it should make the Fleshstorm mod run alot better on TA5 as well as pb4a.

*****General BlackDragon*****