• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Wiki Production

Started by squirrelof09, August 17, 2009, 05:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrelof09

Okay, so the wiki has been left almost untouched since it was installed - at least from what I can see.

Are there any plans to get the wiki going again? People coming to this site may just stop at that page an go no further. We need to get them to browse the wiki and find the forums.

Let's get it going!
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Arbystrider

Well we could make the BZU Wiki BE the BZComplex Wiki.
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

AHadley

In which case the wiki here still isn't being used, is it?

Arbystrider

Yeah... and probably never be used. Except for the link to here.
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

Nielk1

Wikis make good CMSs. The wiki should have all the old lost BZU content put in it, and can be themed to look just like that used to only with easier modification as a wiki.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

I think we should definitely develope the wiki. The more info there is up here the better. We could also put in the files and downloads page as suggested. We could even have our own pages.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 05, 2009, 05:22:53 PM
We could even have our own pages.

It is a wiki, not facebook...

I allow certain members to do this with my wiki though. Only certain ones.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

I mean a page about the person not a wall to write on. A fixed autobiography.
C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 05, 2009, 06:50:51 PM
It is a wiki, not facebook...

I allow certain members to do this with my wiki though. Only certain ones.
'Nuff said, yes?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

Strongly agree we should be using the thing. Nielk1's wiki is very good, but none of you ever go there :(

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I do, but I don't tend to use the wiki itself for that much.

TwinShadow

I don't really use Wiki's in general. Yeah, I can search them and all, but modifying it is beyond my capabilities. I tried a while back when writing a story and using a wiki to store character information, but I can't get used to the wiki-code and all that. Blows my mind and more complicated than it should be. If I could use HTML/CSS in it, then maybe I would.. otherwise, I'm just gonna read it.

However, the BZU wiki could be put to use to have information and download links to the popular mods and patches for BZ2. That shouldn't be too hard to put into the wiki, including information about the storyline, a synopsis, hell, maybe even a strategy guide going through the story perhaps.

Sonic

I also strongly support we use our wiki. It would be nice if we could place in all the known BZ1, BZ2 and FE units and techs into the wiki giving descriptions and perhaps even theory on how they work. We could also focus on giving mods a page to describe themselves, list key features and what not, although I think we should avoid modding tips and howto's in general and leave that to other wiki's to provide. Simply put, appease to the normal player, not the normal modder (although links to where to get mod howto's are wrong).
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Nielk1

At the very least get a darn large link to the forum on the front... I have tons of info on mods and units and stuff on my Wiki atm.

Click on the image...

technoid

I am interested in helping, but I don't know much about the infrastructure of this wiki (although I've done some changes at Wikipedia myself, if they're similar).  I know how to use Joomla & Mambo, but that's about it.  I don't think I even tried to register/login at this wiki, but it didn't work or something, don't remember.