• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Public Beta 5.1 released

Started by GSH, September 06, 2009, 06:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

See http://www.visi.com/~nathan/bz2/bz2_13.html for download info.

Download from FilePlanet: Unofficial Patch 1.3 v5.1

The major improvements of 1.3 public beta 5.1, compared to the last release (tech alpha 5) are:

- Performance optimizations to DirectX 9 graphics, most noticeably in the terrain rendering. Satellite view should be far faster, especially on slower machines
- EMBM bumpmaps work once again. High res shadows are re-enabled, but still just as buggy as it's always been (since Battlezone II v1.0)
- Local fog should look better
- Various crash bugs fixed
- Max vertex count for models has been upped to 20,000 verts/model; old limit was 2730 verts/model. No stock assets have higher poly counts, but mods may take advantage of that.

-- GSH

Scav-Avenger

Edit:Nevermind problem fixed, its my download manager's fault...

Finally 1.3pb5.1 is here!
Avatars make my profile look fat...

Wraith

Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Axeminister

It is an .exe file that is zipped, zipping things makes them compressed(smaller) for an easier download. Just read the information given at the link to the patch. It's GSH's website telling you it's an .exe.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

GSH

Why not an exe download? Because people had occasional problems downloading from my site. (Hint, hint: get some mirrors up). If the exe downloaded for ta5 was truncated, it'd give an odd error. Now, with a .zip, the error messages should be more apparent and readable -- if it's not recognized as a proper .zip, just re-download. The installer exe is already pretty compressed; .zipping it only saves 289KB, according to Windows here. Quickly unpack it to the exe, just like before, and toss the .zip, if it offends you that much.

-- GSH

Centerline

I have put this version up for download on my site: www.valler.com/bz2/

And, the only thing that bit me was the pilot screen wouldn't let me select a pilot or quit on the first load.  I had to hit ~ and type quit to get out of it cleanly. On re-entry everything worked fine. This was an upgraded 1.3pb4a install on my laptop.

I don't have this problem when I upgrade a clean install without any existing pilot files.  I'm just mentioning this for those that are unaware as I know this has already been added to the bug list.

Centerline...

Draco

Click on me!
Click on me!
Click on me

BNG Da BZ Fool

Does 5.1 need to be a seperate install or can I just install it over TA 5.0? Is this just a 5.0 patch? Tanks BNG. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

General BlackDragon

technically, it doesnt matter. But it's 'best' to install over a clean install incase you've done noughty things to your existing one that might interfear with stuff. (like putting junk in data folder)

*****General BlackDragon*****

BNG Da BZ Fool

Really, other then apply the 1.2 patch, and the no cd crack, my TA5 install is still a virgin. I open it just to see how much had changed. Kudos, for improving the opening video portion as it really looks quite a bit cleaner then the original. Who did the animation video redo; it actually looks pretty awesome. Was 3D MAX used to create the models and animation? I've been experimenting with some simple Directx animations with TS, but full figure multi-element animation is still over the horizon...kind of like a desert mirage if you get what I mean? Anyways, I may just keep the 5.0 version and do another with the 5.1 revision. Tanks, BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

mrtwosheds

Quoteother then apply the 1.2 patch, and the no cd crack,
There is no need to do either of these at all.

Purplehaze

Oh wow, I go away from this community for a while and you guys pop up a new patch :/
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

AHadley

Red Spot

I love the downloadspeed I get on your server :)

Thanks for the upgrade ;)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Vid

I like it so far.  You put even more polish on the units it seems, or perhaps its just my eyes.  Noticed a decapitated soldier in the ruins of the a building in mission #2  A simple S & R that I had never seen before.  Not sure if that is new or merely I never saw it before.   Scavenger still got stuck on the wall in the mission where you first get to use the bomber.  So far it looks fine, and more polished than TA5, although TA5 was quite good.  I'm only up to "get help" at the moment though.