• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

NAV names

Started by critter0107, September 08, 2009, 08:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

critter0107

Hey,

Love all the work that's gone into this gem of a game.  Just downloaded this new patch and noticed NAV can't be named?  Is there a trick?

bigbadbogie

Navs can only be named in Satellite view.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

critter0107

Oh HELLO.  Totally forgot about that.  Thanks for the reply!

Nielk1

You can bind a key to automatically set a nav name before placing it. IIRC

Click on the image...

Commando

You can name navs.

Open the console and type in one of the following

1.  control.satellite.name "Enter Nav Name Here"

or in multi, type

1.  Network.session.csvar1 "Enter Nav Name Here"

Hey, cool... let me try that.

Network.session.csSPLAT...

:lol:

-Av-

TheJamsh

Is it possible to bind keys so that they can open an i-face page? I wonder if binding N to open up the nav name box would work... doubt it though. might have a toy with that later.

Gotta love the console ;)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

I don't see why not Jamsh.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Addon pack material... Quick Access Interface...

TheJamsh

I know :P, i'll give it a shot. May work better as a newkeys for LMM...

General BlackDragon

Quote from: TheJamsh on September 14, 2009, 11:13:00 AM
Is it possible to bind keys so that they can open an i-face page? I wonder if binding N to open up the nav name box would work... doubt it though. might have a toy with that later.

Gotta love the console ;)

I tried and failed. No way to bring up mouse without also bringing up escape panel

*****General BlackDragon*****

squirrelof09

Adding a nav name box to the escape panel would be convenient though. I'm sure someone could script one up as an addon.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

ScarleTomato

there used to be one for 1.2. bzerc i think? probably would be easy enough to see how they did it. my question is, is there a way to have it as a chatbox option?

like /nav new_nav_name

AHadley

I think a new version of BZERC for 1.3 would be a good idea, to configure all the new options we have. Could put it in the addon pack too :)

TheJamsh

I might see what i can do. Although like GBD says i doubt it'll be the same as before. I t may be an escape menu thing, which is easily possible with an edit box anywhoo...