• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

issue with mortar bikes sound wise on a mission where

Started by Wraith, September 09, 2009, 11:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraith

You follow with Major Manson and two others to destroy a key alien structure. Instead of hearing the bikes sound like what they do regularly they sound like sentries instead?

This is on the single player missions.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Axeminister

Wraith man, this is a new patch and is probably the best patch ever made for our game. It's mainly for multiplayer and modders. It has been tested as much as it's going to be. If there is a catastrophic malfunction, report it. Otherwise enjoy what it has to offer. If you want to test stuff, then download Red Devils G66 for this patch and help there, or ask to help ThJamsh with the addon pack.
Would be nice to hear you something about how bad-ass it is. :-)
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

There are many bugs in SP which have arisen because MP bugs have been fixed and code alterations have 'broken' SP. GSH and others have expressed that their main concern is addressing MP issues, rather than SP.

Barely anyone plays the SP campaign anymore, and most DL the patch for the MP side of things. Single player campaigns are only really made by mods now, which make them tough too.

Ivw bwwn through as many bugs as possible, butr some require scource code to fix.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Wraith

Quote from: Axeminister on September 09, 2009, 12:12:35 PM
Wraith man, this is a new patch and is probably the best patch ever made for our game. It's mainly for multiplayer and modders. It has been tested as much as it's going to be. If there is a catastrophic malfunction, report it. Otherwise enjoy what it has to offer. If you want to test stuff, then download Red Devils G66 for this patch and help there, or ask to help ThJamsh with the addon pack.
Would be nice to hear you something about how bad-ass it is. :-)

Well about the g66 every time i download and install one version someone else is testing a old one or a new one so thats frustrating. Whats the addon pack about?

So what patch would you say that is most stable for singlelayer? A friend of mine is having new guys go through singleplayer before playing online.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Red Devil

I'm running a test session of G66 fairly often, so I set it to one player to prevent people from getting bad assets.

If someone's running a new version of G66, just download and unzip it.  The newest one will have fixes for problems in previous versions.  I'm most likely going to reduce the frequency of builds now that the Subversion Rifle is going strong and most bugs have been fixed.

G66 shouldn't affect SP.
What box???

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

The addon pack is something im putting together with more enhancements and additions for MP and SP, extra modes, maps, gameplay options etc etc. Theres a thread around that describes some of it, but its not very detailed tbh compared to whats up now. It originally was going to fix some aspects of the SP campaign, but those files are all included in PB5.1 now, so theres no need.

If you ask me, download and use patch 1.2 for single player. Note thats 1.2, NOT PB2. While it will be very easy to complete thats just something people will have to deal with. The main area of concern has always been multiplayer, so thats what we've got.

I HAVE bug-tested the campaign pretty hard although i know there's some things i've missed, but no-ones interested in fixing SP while MP has bugs.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Blue_Leader

I never really saw many "game breaking" bugs in the single player missions I played throughout all of them (Including scion) In TA5 and most of them completed without a hitch some were much more...difficult than I expected because of AI enhancements but other than that it played well.