• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

An update on the AP...

Started by TheJamsh, September 14, 2009, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Now that PB5.1 has been released me and Nielk1 have been going at the add-on pack again (SVN RULES). There's still a lot we want to do, but i think you will all enjoy it and its well worth waiting for :). Naturally, i don't REALLY want to have to release after-patches, so don't expect a release too soon.

Would people like to see a full content list? I know the ones ive posted so far are a bit out-of-date now and not overly descriptive...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Yes please. Would like to know what I've missed since I took my break, and there are a few new users around too.

TopGun

I would love to see a content list plz.

TopGun

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

Okay cool, ill draft one out, get some screenies etc and put it up some time tomorow or tonight

Nielk1

I say future patches are OK but not for simply fixing things. I say if they, lets say, add 50 more maps, 2 more recs, 5 more shell options, etc, then they are good.

It would be best if someone with AP1.0 and AP2.0 can play together on the things they share, so it be best everything be fixed 100% in each release.

Click on the image...

Mr X

Quote from: Nielk1 on September 14, 2009, 11:38:42 AM
I say future patches are OK but not for simply fixing things. I say if they, lets say, add 50 more maps, 2 more recs, 5 more shell options, etc, then they are good.

It would be best if someone with AP1.0 and AP2.0 can play together on the things they share, so it be best everything be fixed 100% in each release.

There's one thing I'd like to see particularly pertaining to recycler variants,

I'd like it to be possible for people to chose not only their race and starting vehicle, but be able to chose their own recycler variant from a list of recyclers that the host has given the ok for players to use.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

TheJamsh

Yeh thats exactly how i feel. Thats why i want to test it ridiculously before release and make sure we hit every bug on the head we can find.

Future expansions like collaborations of home-made LMM mods, more rec variants, maps etc is definately something i would do... Every 6 months or so we could release a top-up pack or something, we'll see what happens.

Im compiling that list now.. but i need descriptions of MRVP recs... MSN/Himachi?

TheJamsh

Quote from: Mr X on September 14, 2009, 12:46:51 PM
There's one thing I'd like to see particularly pertaining to recycler variants,

I'd like it to be possible for people to chose not only their race and starting vehicle, but be able to chose their own recycler variant from a list of recyclers that the host has given the ok for players to use.

That is unfortunately impossible. BZ2's code would not allow it unless we re-wrote the stock dll's, which we are trying NOT to do because it will cause BA with stock.

Nielk1

I've had that idea for a bit but it wouldn't work. It would only work for a specific map locked to a small list of recyclers all custom to that map using a custom svar. I currently have no such plans, surprising with all my plans.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

:lol:. Yes you do keep yourself busy...

I wonder if it's possible if you started missions the way FE and FS started them? With a custom shell pull-up box maybe? Not sure...

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on September 15, 2009, 01:19:02 AM
:lol:. Yes you do keep yourself busy...

I wonder if it's possible if you started missions the way FE and FS started them? With a custom shell pull-up box maybe? Not sure...

Not easily possible anymore do to data transmission changes, BUT, EO is more powerful.

Click on the image...

Mr X

Ok, had another thought, would it be possible to increase the number of Fslots to include F11 and F12?

and also, could more production buildings be added to be used by other number keys (4 upwards) ?
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

The number of F-slots is hardcoded, I think.  SRV has 9 "production" buildings, each with its own key.  Check it out for more info.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Mr X

Quote from: VSMIT on September 15, 2009, 01:38:42 PM
The number of F-slots is hardcoded, I think. 

Ah well,

what about the amount of vehicles you can have in an F-slot?
starting January 2010!